Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted before about what happend, and it turns out i need a new motor(a local shop called rpm shared the great news with me :bang: :cry: ) and then they quoted me around 10k for a new motor. :eek2: So does that sound about right? I think the motor was from gmpartsdrect.com? :ity: Ether way its not going to be on the road any time soon but it seams like i could find somthing cheaper then that? maybe.....

·
Registered
911 Posts
Go with a 572 720hp BBC that would be very cool :usa: :coo:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I bought a complete forged shortblock with stage II heads and specific cam for my application from A&A Corvette Specialties for just under $6k.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the web site or phone number?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
02PdiddyZ06 said:
Whats the web site or phone number?
<~~~ Click the link on left A&A Corvette Specialties

They are a supporting vendor and Andy is great to work with.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Also, give Dave at Cartek a call. I just put a new forged Stage II X L-S6 from Cartek for a lot less than that. Don't forget that labor$$$ will account for A bid chunk of that $10,000.

·
Registered
509 Posts
02PdiddyZ06 said:
I posted before about what happend, and it turns out i need a new motor(a local shop called rpm shared the great news with me :bang: :cry: ) and then they quoted me around 10k for a new motor. :eek2: So does that sound about right? I think the motor was from gmpartsdrect.com? :ity: Ether way its not going to be on the road any time soon but it seams like i could find somthing cheaper then that? maybe.....
Did they break the price down as far as labor and the motor?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya the 10 to 11k i was quoted was total...but since im going to have this work done i might as well turn this car into a beast :jammin: :cheers: :drunken: :jawdrop: :thumb:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
02PdiddyZ06 said:
ya the 10 to 11k i was quoted was total...but since im going to have this work done i might as well turn this car into a beast :jammin: :cheers: :drunken: :jawdrop: :thumb:

Yep...might as well spend a little extra and get the full deal. :thumb:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a brand new 2004 LS6-Z06 complete crate engine for sale for $6000 in the for sale section of this site.This has exhaust manifolds,water pump,clutch and flywheel.I paid $7400 for it-take $6000.E-mail [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts