Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Got one in good shape or know where I can find one? Dan. 928-205-8835
Dan,
The chances of finding a used one are slim to none. Just get on Tick's website and order a new one, they are well worth what they cost.

Jimbo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a problem paying for a new one, it's actually finding someone that can lay their hand on one. Tom called me with a place that said they had some, but they were $30 higher then everyone eleses price.

I got ahold of Maryland speed whose price was right in line with everyone else's and just before I got off the phone I asked him when he would ship it and he said Tick would send it right out.

Well I had to let him know that Tick was out and didn't think they would have any till at least early Feb or later and most of those were spoken for.

I guess the place Tom found them at knows that and hence the higher price. I really hate being gouged when folks know you're over a barrel, but in this case I am, so I guess I bend over and...just pay the price. Ouch! (and not even any vaseline)

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
That was the only place that had them in stock and believe me, I looked around (us retired folks got time on our hands :lol:) At least you can get one reasonably soon (and they did have three of them in stock).

I guess that group buy at the LS1 site really wiped Tick out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what Tick said. Maryland speed says they called and should have some shipping out by Friday. I think they are pulling my leg.

Now the question is...what pilot bearing and throw out bearing to use while I am replacing my clutch?

·
Banned
116 Posts
Be prepared for a LARGE amount of pedal pressure increase. My last C5Z had one and I and any of my car friends had never felt a stiffer clutch.

Tick master with s spec clutch was ALOT. i got use to it but its not something you forget about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm. I added one to my 02 camaro with an LS7 clutch at the same time and didn't notice much of a diff.

·
Banned
116 Posts
Hmmmm. I added one to my 02 camaro with an LS7 clutch at the same time and didn't notice much of a diff.
Its a mixture of the Tick and certain clutches. When I called they had a list of the one that they know it will happen with.

I know SPEC will for sure, there pressure plate, and a tick is ALOT of pressure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts