Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Want to get the Z up in the air (so that I can lower it), and thought I'd go ahead and buy a jack. Can anyone shed some light on what I'm looking for, in terms of weight rating, specs, price, quality brands, being LOW enough to get under the car, etc.?

Thanks a million!

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Kirk, I have several and you saw a few at my house but those will not fit under a Vette. I bought one from Griot's Garage www.griotsgarage.com and it will lift a Vette with 2 flat tires, it will lower to 1 3/4" , it of course is not cheap but nothing from Griot's is. I bought this for my Ferrari and it works great for the Vette, and Kirk I do have the M5 again today, I guess we know who is the boss of my house now, I am not whipped like Frank. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yipes~ They ARE expensive there, Carl! Thanks for the link!

Now, what makes those jacks so expensive? Are they really better than other jacks?

-Kirk

PS -- Carl, the jacks that you have at your place currently, will one fit under my car now, at it's stock height? And, could I do the ol' drive up on some 2x4's to get the car up higher, and use the jack then? I'm only looking to do the stock-bolt-turning lowering at this point, so I imagine my car won't get too low. (if so, I'd gladly steal the jack from you, and bring it back just as soon as I'm done with it!) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
528 Posts
I use the Lincoln Jack. Picked it up a Pep Boys. Fits under my Z even after lowering, but its close. This jack will not fit under a Z with two flat tires. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Cost is around $250 it think.

I also had to modify a jacking puck to be used with this jack.

01 Z06 -MY/BLK,Zaino,Lowered,Ripper,Halltech Tric Ti,MAG,Magic Box - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro (454) - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Kirk, if you put boards down then yes it would work, the rear of course is not the problem. You can borrow the jack anytime

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Actually, thats not a bad deal. Longacre has a 1 pump Aluminum, NASCAR Jack at 31 lbs. with a 3 1/8" min HT, 17 3/4" max. HT. for only $1,395.00!!!!!!!!

or

You can save some money by pumping it 3 times for only $890.00. I feel much better now!

http://www.longacreracing.com

PS They also have a 15,000 RPM Impact wrench!!!!WOW!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nobody should be looking for bargain jacks with a $50K + Sports Car. If I can afford a Griots jack I know you Z guys can. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
But Jim your engine bay cost more than my car. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts