Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i have been doing my research about headers and stuff. I got me a nice set of Corsa touring GTR they will be shippied today and hopefully get here next week.

Now i am also looking at headers and well after doing all the reserach on anything i could find for the word header looks like the Dynatech supermax is what i am gonna go with with the high flow cats setup that Nate (corvette garage) is selling at a price that is really hard to beat.

So my question during all my research i did not find any one who had a corsa exhaust with the Dynatech so i just want to make sure there is no issues with this setup? Nate said i should not have any issues but what do you guys think? also the fact that there are only two exhaust pipes in the Corsa GTR instead of the 4 will that make a diffrence?

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
The catback is corsa GTR? Not familiar with them. Do you mean two tailpipes instead of four?

They should hook up. Do a search on dynamax headers.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm well i looked up dynamax but that kind pushed me even back further :( i had my mind set on Dynatech supermax but while doing research on the dynmax i came across some Dyno graphs from LG motorsports that show that with head / cam and air intake with LG headers i can get something around 467 HP / 461 torque and with non LG headers it showed 451 HP / 431 Torque. Now the price for a LG is $1600.00 shipped and the price for Dynatech with cats shipped will be $1300.00 so about 300 bux difference. hmmm $300.00 not much can be done with $300.00 but can any one confirm my above findings?.

ohh and this is the Corsa GTR

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Check with Backlash or panzer...they have LG headers. :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
The LGs and the Kooks headers are thought to be the best performing headers out there right now. Many members here have the LGs and love them, same with the kooks.

Mark

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh i didn't know Ed had LG headers hmmm but i don't think he has a head / Cam setup. So i guess i will go to the BK meet next sat and check out his setup. Thanks all

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Your choice of catback will probably be too quiet. Maybe with the headers it'll be OK, it's just that they don't flow any better than the TIs, and they definately weigh more.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i love the way the GTR tips look and i am not too big on sound i want sound only on WOT si i think headers and corsa should be able to handle that and about the weight issue i already have about 50+ lbs of audio equipment in the trunk so adding another 10-12 lbs should be fine :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
MrKool said:
well i love the way the GTR tips look and i am not too big on sound i want sound only on WOT si i think headers and corsa should be able to handle that and about the weight issue i already have about 50+ lbs of audio equipment in the trunk so adding another 10-12 lbs should be fine :)

At least all your added weight is in the assend. Can't hurt traction.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK pulled the trigger got me Dynatech LT headers with high flow cats ordered through Nate @ corvette garage LG's are nice :) but not $700.00 nice :) sweet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts