Corvette Z06 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, It's confirmed.. My Z finally arrived at the courtesy delivery dealership late yesterday. :D Don't know when they planned on telling me. Everytime I call, they've been stalling giving me a straight answer.

My sales agent Kevin from Les Stanford told me it should already have been delivered to the CA dealer but couldn’t confirm it. Trucking company confirmed it but Delivery dealer would not respond.

Today, I finally went down there and spoke to the guy I arranged the delivery with. He confirmed Z had arrived, but he was on vacation last week and he just got back yesterday. Since this week is month end he's TOO BUSY to get my car ready for delivery. I'm like, what the F#[email protected]%, are you kidding. :flaming: :flaming:

I said you're kidding, right. I've waited 4 1/2 months, I've paid for the car and you have the paperwork right. He confirmed he just got off the phone with Kevin (my sales rep) and told him it maybe Thursday before he could deliver the car.

I said all you have to do is PDI, don't detail, just deliver. He said with a straight face.. sorry, I don't have time. Was he looking for a payoff? Should I bribe the guy with a c-note? I'm already paying more for it than I originally intended, but wanted it for the 0% and got it. Now the California Dealer is not being very cooperative and they have my Z! :flaming:

What should I do? :-?

A. Deal with it and wait until Thursday and bug him to get it.
B. Call him tomorrow repeatedly and bug him to deliver the car.
C. Go down there tomorrow morning with a crisp $100 and ask if I can pick up the car in an hour?
D. Call the General Manager?
E. Other suggestions?

Your input would be appreciated and also help kill time while I impatiently wait since I can't sleep. I feel like a kid :D
Thanks...

Update - 10/31 - go the Z tonight.. see new post for continued saga..

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I would call the Manager in this case, and document the miles on the car asap.......Don't want them using the car for any reason....

That is bulls$#t....

JC

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Why

Go down with a box cutter and some white powder, tell them you are late for a plane flight, take the car, it belongs to you now, you paid for it, what can they do, call the police?? Boy this story pi$$es me off. Why would the dealer be so ignorant? What ever happened to customer service?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I am hearing more and more of this crap in Ca. I got to say that it seems to me that they are taking revenge on people buying out of state. The car has to be PDIed or it may effect your warranty and they do get paid from the Gen. for this. As for the delv. or signing the paper work, they have no reason to get in a hurry about this. It is kind of like complaining about your meal at a restaurant if you send it back you never know what they might do to it. My advise is to have your salesman call and see if he can get things going for you. Good luck to you. After you do get your Z all of this will seem minor.:)

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Break his fucking legs.
There is only two things worse then a car salesman, I just can't think of them now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Call the manager tell him/her that you want NOTHING done to the car, go down there, get the paperwork complete (30 min tops), sign, and head out in your new Z.

Get home and enjoy the cleaning yourself.

:)

- JeffMc

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Do whatEVER you got to do to get the car. This is complete IGNORANCE. I am :flaming: myself. Sorry to hear this, hope you get it SOON. Go down with a shotgun, see if that does anything:roll:

Andy
02 T/R Z06

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Well it's the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. If you shoot yourself in the foot and it hurts, then don't do it again. Nothing against Rick, he is one of us. But the delivery dealer, that's just a shame.

I have another idea, call OJ.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
. Nothing against Rick, he is one of us. But the delivery dealer, that's just a shame.

I have another idea, call OJ. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks I was starting to see a revolt aginst me.:eek:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
IF you have signed ALL the paperwork

Wanna REALLY get their arse's in gear??Have the police down there to meet you.......it's YOUR property.......and YOU want it NOW.......have the substantiating documentation in hand.

Or, simply wait for it........

I would at LEAST demand a visual inspection, sounds as if they may be hiding some inbound damge, and are stalling for time to fix it............

Can't be the interest rates have been extended........

Guido & friends could become an offer in compromise:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Possible Bad Advice

Did Les Stanford collect your California Tax and Tags? If so, you can just pick up the car and run. If not, who has the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin? It is needed to register the car. I suspect the Ca dealer has this paperwork, so he has to smog test the car before delivery. If you don't sort this out before you get the car, you could have serious problems getting the car registered. Z06Y Lady :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
This is one of the main reasons I did not do a courtsey delivery was I felt that the receiving dealer out of spite would dog you as much as possible because you did not purchase the car from them.I'm sorry this is happening to you.Hope that dealer gets there ass reamed!!!!:flaming:

·
Registered
282 Posts
As many people know I took delivery of my car last Friday and I also did a courtesy delivery to CA. Similar thing happened to me. Car arrived Wednesday and I called them by accident, they didn't call me. I rush there assuming I could take the car the same day because it was only like 2pm by the time I got there. No, they said they have to PDI the car first. Told them isn't it me who decides what's done to the car? Besides I want to do the PDI myself. They said no, they won't release the car to me until it's PDI'ed by their "certified" mechanics and it won't happen til Friday. Spoke to the general manager and he told me not to harass his employees. :eek: :flaming: WTF? So I just waited 2 days and let them do their idiotic PDI. :mad:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Cool heads should prevail

thx2, I know it is hard but IMHO I would wait until Thursday. Let that crap dealer prep your car etc. Dot the i's and cross the t's . Word of mouth is the best payback whether it be in your own backyard or on the net. It can be either a friend or enemy to any business as we have seen with the recent No Mercy/HMS mess. FUBU69/LES:cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.