Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, guys and gals:
I'm stock and won't do more than add some improved breathing in the near term.
I'll be running stock width 17" rims on front for a while too.

My goal is to spend progressively more time on the track, and I want to progressively attack the heat enemy. First, for brakes.
I want to do subject mod, but after reading about everything posted here on front extensions, but not seeing the completed install in the real, I have some final questions:

First, is it possible to mount the DRM extensions by cutting and fitting them over the existing front outlets, to avoid removing and cutting the OEM outlets?
I haven't called DRM yet, but I can't figure out why they designed them to require all the duct removal effort and surgery.

Second, my impression is that the LGM spindle mounts are "better" than the Phoenix mounts ... but that the Phoenix mounts are A LOT easier to install. I do not look forward to the LGM install and want to go Phoenix unless there is a compelling argument for LGM.
TIA.
:ity:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey Denny,

I had Phoenix build up my car, including the DRM extensions and the Phoenix spindle scoops.

After seeing the LGM scoops, I now have a set on my to be installed pile. Not looking to Diss the good guys at Phoenix, but the LGM part is a better design IMO.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's just a question of do you want to take your expensive time, or not. If you are a DIYer(I am) then it is really no big thing. Installing the trans cooler pump and filter inside the right rear wheel well was a lot more time consuming and head scratching for me. If you aren't a DIYer, then take it to a good shop, IMEO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts