Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need good matching drivers side fuel and boost gauge pillar for the supercharger install.

Anything out there that meshes well with the 2002 ZO6 OEM gauges?

Thanks !--Jeff Nation

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was using the Autometer pro-comp series(black face / red pointer) on my 2000.
I replaced the white bulbs with blue ones didn't look too bad.

Since then they have come out with the "Cobalt" series these look like they would match even better. (same type backlighting as factory gauges) The red pointer even glows like factory.

Dosen't look like they make a fuel PSI meter though in this series.

http://www.autometer.com/hp/2002_preview/2/2.html

-B

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
While looks are certainly important, accuracy and reliability are even moreso, IMHO.

Autometer is hands-down the best out there. I have used these gauges in my hot-rod Mustang for many, many years. You should be able to find something in their various product lines that will match well enough to make you happy.

As Blender mentioned earlier the Sport-Comp gauges are black faces with white numerals and a red/orange needle. Should work well, I think.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Damn!!

TAMUz06 said:

Right hirra!! :D

I was hoping they didn't have one.. because I really think that I'm going to have to buy these.

I paid $165 for the pro-comp electronic fuel pressure gauge alone.
The gauge works pillar part # is 12192 (I think).

BTW TAMUz06 did you see that they finally posted the video of my race with Andi on the Supra video site....

Later
-B

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You might also try Longacre....

.....they have all the gauges and hardware to hook them up.

www.longacreracing.com

I also remember seeing a nice pillar mount console for gauges but can't remember where. Now you have ruined my whole afternoon as I will have to find them. I will look thru all of my back magazines. I'll find them sooner or later. I'm on a mission!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Found the A=Pillar Pods....

DJWorm said:
... in an old Summit Racing Parts Catalogue. Made by Auto=Meter. fits Camaro, Mustang, Honda, Chevy Truck, Ford Truck. Sigle or double pod.

www.summitracing.com
Cool site--they have tons of stuff and the site is clean and well mapped out!

Thanks for the link---gotta go shopping!

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Damn!!

Blender said:

I was hoping they didn't have one.. because I really think that I'm going to have to buy these.

I paid $165 for the pro-comp electronic fuel pressure gauge alone.
The gauge works pillar part # is 12192 (I think).

BTW TAMUz06 did you see that they finally posted the video of my race with Andi on the Supra video site....

Later
-B
Autometer is closed until after the New Year--but I called several autometer vendors and was told that the Cobalt series is not released yet. Am I getting jerked around?

Spoke to the people at www.tobefast.com and they have a new set of gauges (Fuel/Air Ration, Boost & Fuel Pressure) that are made by APC and they do something pretty cool.

They MORPH!

Example: On the RPM gauge at 0 RPM's the dial is dark blue. The higher the RPM's get the color on the gauge changes!

Dark blue, blue, green, amber, orange then red!!!

Fancy, fancy!

I am still opting for the Cobalt Blue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: Re: Damn!!

I don't think that they are jerking you around.
That link is on their 2002 preview site.

RE: Video... not sure if the owner of the site want's the site advertised.
It's about 3.5M I'll u'load the one vid to a shell account or someting if you want, e-mail me.

-B

·
Registered
34 Posts
SPA Design make some nice digital dual guages... i think they make a boost / pressure one... but they are EXPENSIVE.
Has anybody used these?

I'm looking at them for my upcoming sc install and appreciate any feedback.

:cheers:

Harry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts