Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing LG motorsport header with cat delete. I installed everything, put 02 sims on the rear plugs. Now when driving the car I get PO171 lean code bank 1. Is Bank 1 the driver side. Also getting PO300 engine misfire, which I assume is from the PO171 code. The car runs fine at full throttle but at cruising it sounds like it is dumping alot of fuel in the motor and bogging the motor down. If I am cruising at 2500rpm and the motor is bogging then down shift, floor it, it will bogg until it reaches 3200rpm or so then run like nothing is wrong as long I keep the pedal mashed or rpms high. This is on a 01 ZO6. I didnt think any tuning would be necessary for just headers..

Thanks
Sam.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found out the problem. I crossed the O2 sensors. On the original exhaust the 2 sensors cross on the pipe. So the driver side is actually on the passenger side on the center section of the exhaust. On LG you are not suppost to cross them like the old one. You are suppost to put the driver side on the driver side. Not like the original. I read through the instructions more and found that out. So hopefully it fixes it..

Always read instructions more then once... :blush:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
For best results tuning is required. The most common error seems to be getting the 02 sensors crossed. Check that first. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts