Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday im getting ready to leave my parents house, and i get in the car and put the key in and bam, no start an no noise. So i pop the hood and make sure the cables to the battery are ok, and they are. Then a few mins later i try to start it again and nothing powers up at all. Then i try to use my keyless entry to lock the car and still nothing. This is were things get wierd. I then start hearing a clicking noice coming from the passanger side floor board, i remove a panel that cover a fuse box and what looks like a PCM (i thought the PCM was under the battery). And it seems that the clicking sound is coming from this area. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone had a problem like this?

My first thought is that the battery is dead since
1. The car is an 02 and still has the AC DELCO battery
2. When i turn the key there is no noise at all.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
My guess is the battery is shot. The clicking sounds like a relay switch(passenger side box).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cave Man said:
My guess is the battery is shot. The clicking sounds like a relay switch(passenger side box).
Thats what i was thinking since nothing powers us at all. The car doesnt even have enough electricity to lock the doors.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Time for a new Battery :z:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F1_SS said:
Thats what i was thinking since nothing powers us at all. The car doesnt even have enough electricity to lock the doors.
For the first time in 4 years have i locked a car with the key instead of the keyless remote.

Thanks guys for your response, you guys just confirmed what i was thinking.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the alternator was bad the car would still have the electrical equipment turn on inside right, such as the lights inside would work and so would the radio cd player right?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
F1_SS said:
If the alternator was bad the car would still have the electrical equipment turn on inside right, such as the lights inside would work and so would the radio cd player right?
Simply put, the alternator is there to charge the battery. Bad battery with a good alternator the car wont' start. Good battery with a bad alternator the car will run at least until the battery discharges. :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts