Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this website and I find it to be a great source of information. Just became a corvette enthusiast and would like to (looking to hopefully) purchase a z06 within 2-3 months. The problem is that

1) 0% financing is no longer available.
2) California prices are ridiculously high. Can't buy a new one out-of-state because of the smog-emission standards
3) Don't really know any reliable dealers here.

Being relatively new to the corvette market, I was wondering if anyone can make some suggestions as to the best dealers in California, preferably in Bay Area, but, not excluding other regions within the state. If I wait till a few months, do you think I'll be having a better chance at getting a deal I want? Right now, these dealers want over MSRP. I'm already so excited. Dreaming of a yellow z06. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hi Pej,

Welcome to the best Vette sites (this and cfivevette.com) on the forum. If your really interested in saving the money and getting best bang for the buck, you need to talk to these guys. Yes they're out of state, but I believe they can tighten you up nicely and I've never heard anything bad about them, at all! Seriously, they are merchants on our forum and out here posting and being active members ... Oh, and both are nice guys! :cheers:

Oh... And I think that part about the emissions and purchasing out of state, may well be so much bull-dada started by some California dealers. I think the cars are ok in all fifty states.

Maxie Price Chevrolet

Hello, my name is Rick Daniel. I am a Corvette salesman at Maxie Price Chevrolet. I also have one of the largest allocations of ZO6s in the country. I would love to talk with you about your next ZO6/C-5 purchase! I also offer one of the fastest delivery times anywhere, with drop shipments to local dealers all across the nation. I promise that you will be treated with honesty, respect and professionalism. Contact me at [email protected] or through my home page with a link provided by clicking on the logo. I look forward to hearing from all of the Forum members. Thanks very much, Rick Daniel 770-466-7000 (office)

[email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/rickd770/IntroSunSet.html?1007061526970

Click here to view our Z06Vette.com product page!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corvetteseller (Bob Benedix)

Thanks for visiting. I am BOB BENEDIX (Corvetteseller), I represent BILL ESTES CHEVROLET in INDIANAPOLIS, IN., We are a Nationally known dealer in both sales and customer satisfaction. We enjoy a generous C5 allocation and subscribe to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. I look forward to consulting with you on your ZO6/Coupe/Convertible purchase, or just to assist with any questions about Corvettes in general you may have. 2002 ZO6's at discount with absolutely no added dealer fees (doc, processing, blue sky, etc.) Bob Benedix "Preferred Vendor" Bill Estes Chevrolet Indianapolis, IN. 46268 1-800-549-3315 CLICK ON NAME ABOVE TO VISIT MY TEMPORARY WEBSITE

[email protected]
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/healey/157

Click here to view our Z06Vette.com product page!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Corvettes are emissions-legal in all 50 states, as far as I know. California dealers have a reputation for marking Corvettes WAY up. Purchase elsewhere, save some money, and send a message to predatory Cal. dealers.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I thought new C5s were 50 state cars. Besides, I sold my '98 to a guy in CA. He had to pay $300 to register it. But CA gave the money back to him after someone else's court battle.

My suggestion, talk to Mark G at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Tell him Roger sent you. I bought 7 cars from him - several out of state. Ask about a courtesy delivery at a dealer near you.

Edited:Not a Supporting dealer

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

I was just at a dealer yesterday and the salesman outright lied to me. Said, can't bring in new corvettes from other states because of emissions. I believed him because I know motorcycles are like that and California bikes are different from other 49-state bikes. If that's not the case with the vette, I won't be ordering one from here. Will be looking for a yellow z06 soon. Awesome. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The salesman lied to you. Chevolet only builds their cars one way -- for California car they add a different sticker under the hood.

I just purchased a Z06 from Maxie Price and had NO TROUBLE WHAT SO EVER with the California DMV when I got it back here.

I also send you an email.

Al

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
For ONE

Freakin state........we ALL had to suffer PRECAT's...............

Buy the SOB out of state.,,,and save some BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:mad:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I live in La Jolla, and purchased my Z from Kevin Will at Les Stanford (non-supporting vendor currently). He or any supporting forum dealer can get you a California emission Vehicle. They need to special order it even though it's 50 state legal, CA won't let you bing in a non-CA vehicle without 7500 miles on it. The Z needs Emission Equipment option "YF5" in order to register it in California with less than 7500 miles.

You have 2 options. Purchase new out of state and wait about 6 weeks (See Rick at Maxie Price for a discount) or Kevin Will at Les Stanford - little or no discount (not a forum vendor yet), but Kevin had a Yellow Z sooner or I would have got one from Rick. These guys know their shit when it comes to out of state purchases.

Read everything you can about what to look for, and try to hook up with fellow Z-Bro's in your area regarding what to inspect when it's delivered. You'll use a courtesy delivery dealer - your sales rep will handle the details. It's no problem, I only saved $500 off MSRP but I wanted Yellow and I got the 0%, so I figure I got a deal. And I LOVE this car!!!

You're other option is to find a 2001 or 2002 with 7500 miles on it in any state and ship it to you.

Did you check the "for sale" thread on this site? Jim Hall from Halltech is selling his 2002 EB Z06 with lot's of great mods for less than you can get a new one and he's in Orange County CA so transfer would be simple.

One last item is that if a dealer sells you a non-CA Z (no YF5 option) and he knows you're going to register it in CA, and GM finds out they can get a BIG fine. That's CA DMV hard at work for ya.

Good Luck! :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
HERE'S A PICTURE OF A 2002 EMISSION LABLE

If I order a vehicle for CA, or am able to redirect one that is
in process, the emissions certification will say "YF5" if the
vehicle is on my lot, or too far along to redirect, if will say
"FE9". Both are legal for title/registration in all 50 states.

Some CA DMV's will want an emissions (smog) test, others
know what they are doing and no longer question the matter.

Picture is of a 2002 "FE9" Emissions sticker on a 2002 ZO6
that I recently shipped to California.

Below is the link to CA Air Resourses Board and the difinitive
word on CA emissions. Look in the middle top of the first
page.

www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/NonCAVeh/NonCAVeh.doc

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
California may have some other differences than just the
label and option.

The PCM stores Design OBD requirements which can be read back.

01 - OBD II (California ARB)
02 - OBD (Federal EPA)
03 - OBD and OBD II
06 - EOBD (Europoe)

Maybe just for warranty or ?

-Len

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought my '01 Z06 out of state. I got it from Hatcher Chevrolet in Brownsville TN. I got it back in April, I simply called them up, and asked if they had an allocation. They did, so I ordered. It came about 6 weeks later, courtesy delivered to Folsom Chevrolet where I picked it up. It was 50 state legal, it came direct from Bowling Green, I didn't have to pay a courtesy delivery fee, and I got the car for $1,000 under sticker. I was very pleased, the first thing I did was drive by Mike Daugherty's in Sac to tell them how much less I spent and (when they wouldn't even let me test drive a Z06) why I didn't buy one from them.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Just a note here.

The forum dealers are not here just because they pay money.

In order for a dealer to even become a dealer here, we have at LEAST two good references from previous buyers. During their supporting status, they are monitored (as all our vendors are) to be sure they are providing good service at fair prices with good customer support. We make no commissions of any sales so do yourself a favor and use the legwork we've already done for you.

Buy from a site supporter....... :)

JMHO

JC

·
Registered
266 Posts
pe,

Mine came from Bill Estes, Bob Benedix. No smog problems, and really no problems at all. I too was getting beat up by a greedy CA dealer..

Its an no brainer, Do It!

Let us know how your new "OUt of State Car" is,

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Re: HERE'S A PICTURE OF A 2002 EMISSION LABLE

corvetteseller said:
If I order a vehicle for CA, or am able to redirect one that is
in process, the emissions certification will say "YF5" if the
vehicle is on my lot, or too far along to redirect, if will say
"FE9". Both are legal for title/registration in all 50 states.

Some CA DMV's will want an emissions (smog) test, others
know what they are doing and no longer question the matter.

Picture is of a 2002 "FE9" Emissions sticker on a 2002 ZO6
that I recently shipped to California.

Below is the link to CA Air Resourses Board and the difinitive
word on CA emissions. Look in the middle top of the first
page.

www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/NonCAVeh/NonCAVeh.doc
I just ordered a 2002 Z06 from an out of state dealer. I specified Y5C (California) emissions on the purchase order. I have the build sheet on the car and it states "NC1" emissions. Bottom line, there are no special California emissions requirements on the new Corvette. As long as your underhood sticker looks like the one presented by Bob you are good to go here.

I agree, buy out of state at discount and request drop ship to a local dealer. For the thrill of a lifetime, specify museum delivery, get a perfectly prepared car and be a celebrity for a day.

ALL new cars in California must be smog tested! Z06Y Lady :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks

:cheers:

I want to thank everyone here for their info and support. I think the message is quite clear: Buy from an out-of-state dealer and save money. The only problem is the wait. I just have to wait 2-3 months until I get all my finances in order. Regardless, a z06 will be mine. Thanks again.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Got my Z from Les Stanford. They get more C5's than any other dealer in my experience except for maybe Kerbeck in NJ. Got a good deal too. As was stated, all C5's are 50 state legal. My DMV required a smog certificate. Didn't matter what the underhood sticker said. Yours may or may not require to smog the car. No big deal either way. Go for it!

·
Registered
248 Posts
The DMV required me to smog my Z06. The people at the local DMV were interested in seeing the sticking under the hood when they did the VIN Number check.

But all-n-all, it wasn't much of a hassel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts