Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a Brey-Krause harness bar and the lap belt mount kit, but need to know where the two O rings go. (they were part of the lap belt mount kit and are not refered to in the
instructions)

Anyone install this setup? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

2Charmed
:cheers:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Are they the O Rings you took off from the original bolts, if so they do not go back on, only the items that were included in the kit. By the way, in the Archives is an excellent step by step w/photos on putting in the BK bar.

I have done three and everybody liked them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gordy,

These are O rings that came with the kit. I called BK and spoke with Jay who said they go over the spacers to take up any slack.
I thought this to be the case but there was no mention in the instructions as to what to do with them.
Thanks for the help though.

I do like the set up
:cheers:

2charmed

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
2Charmed,

Dang! Sitting here, I can't remember the exact positioning of those o-rings (I wondered where they went, too, since they sure don't tell you in the directions). BUT, what I DID find is that there's only one position that they can go in such that the lap belt mount doesn't rattle.

When you've got it in the right spot, the mount will snug against [the part that I can't see right now] as you're tightening it down, and you won't have to over-tighten the mount bolt. The rings go such that you can move the mount when it's all done, but it'll be nice and snug & secure, and you won't have metal against metal.

Having read this, does this help any? I can check my set-up when I get home, and let you know tomorrow -- but the above description SHOULD help (since, again, there's only really one place for the rings to go to achieve the proper result).

-Kirk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts