Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to get a gut-check from those forum members in the know - my dealer emailed me today and communicated this - they have been allotted 16 Z06 orders through December 2005 - they placed 2 in July and have 5 coming up in August - I am number 13 on their list and undoubtedly when the rubber hits the road some ahead will drop off pushing me further up - anyway, at this time would the dealer know their full year 2005 allocations i.e. the 16 that he mentioned to me? If this is accurate it would appear subject to constraints my order would be placed this year. Appreciate the insight from the forum members!

:cheers:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I can't comment on the allocation info but I do want to share this. I had my 05 coupe ordered for well over a year. I was number one on the list at the largest Corvette dealership in KC. However, it meant nothing because my LB car was not built til later in the production so many C6s showed up before mine. I would have swapped but none of them were the Z51 package so I just waited patiently.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I would say that it is very reasonable for a dealership to know their full allocation. On paper at least. I'm sure there are some hic-ups along the way.
I think if you really want a Z06, you can get one faster if you are NOT on a list. Just keep you eyes open. Real open.

·
Registered
765 Posts
RTY2005 said:
Just want to get a gut-check from those forum members in the know - my dealer emailed me today and communicated this - they have been allotted 16 Z06 orders through December 2005 - they placed 2 in July and have 5 coming up in August - I am number 13 on their list and undoubtedly when the rubber hits the road some ahead will drop off pushing me further up - anyway, at this time would the dealer know their full year 2005 allocations i.e. the 16 that he mentioned to me? If this is accurate it would appear subject to constraints my order would be placed this year. Appreciate the insight from the forum members!

There was a 6 month outlook that was sent to the dealers, and the outlook is subject to change based on production schedule and volume.

Where is your dealer located?

PM me if you don't want to post what list you are on and I can try to figure out if it is an accurate bit of information that you are getting from your dealer.

·
Registered
432 Posts
RTY2005 said:

If your dealer was allocated 16 and used his 2 for July then 5 for august, my guess is you should be in his Nov allocations, He has a certain # for every month up until december, so he should be able to tell you his and GM guesses on what GM sent him. He must be a teir 1 also to be getting any in July! Have him double check his allocation numbers sounds fishie to me! :usa:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
All dealers Z06 allocations are PROPOSED #s based on how production and ramp up goes. They are no guarantees on anything. We all hope that things go well with ramp up but with this type of car one never knows. Be patient as possible and we all will know more as to how things are going by mid Oct. The plan is to ramp up slowly with only 5 cars per day being built for the first several weeks and try to get to 140 per month by the end of Oct and move on from there. If they can build 4K to 5K this year I will be happy.:)

·
Registered
449 Posts
[email protected] Les Stanford said:
All dealers Z06 allocations are PROPOSED #s based on how production and ramp up goes. They are no guarantees on anything. We all hope that things go well with ramp up but with this type of car one never knows. Be patient as possible and we all will know more as to how things are going by mid Oct. The plan is to ramp up slowly with only 5 cars per day being built for the first several weeks and try to get to 140 per month by the end of Oct and move on from there. If they can build 4K to 5K this year I will be happy.:)

ME TOO!!!!! :guiness:

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
[email protected] Les Stanford said:
Thanks Rick.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The info that I received was confirmed from a reliable source as correct in terms of the info that GM supplied to the dealer regarding allocations - assuming others on this dealers list drop off I should be able to place my order before year end - if that happens and production continues to move along in an optimal manner (yeah right) I should have my car sometime in the first quarter of 2006 - and thats ok with me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts