Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
362 Posts
On 2001-04-05 15:35, KMeloney spewed forth this drivel:
Hey all,

Strange thing.. Went for a couple weeks (since new) with no creaks or squeaks ot anything from the Z. Then, out of nowhere, I've gotten a "creak" out of the trunk area somewhere.

Now, I know it's not easy to pinpoint something like a SOUND in MY CAR in WRITING, but... Sometimes the culprits of these things can be common between cars. Also, I'm usually pretty good at locating noises if I can LOOK AT the general area while it's making noise -- but haven't been able to turn my head completely around when I hear it (not such a good idea while driving). I think it's coming from the driver side of the trunk area, and back toward the rear of the car...

Again, it's a "creaking" (as opposed to a "squeak" or "rattle"), and only ocurrs over some bumps (USUALLY when the bump is under only one side of the rear tires (as opposed to both tires bumping up over a speed bump or something)). Sounds like perhaps plastic & plastic or plastic and metal is flexing against eachother and creaking. It's NOT a constant vibrating squeak.

Any IDEAS folks? I'm thinking that I may be able to pinpoint it if I am a passenger in the car -- but no one else has driven the car yet. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ANY ideas would be helpful! Sorry for the nebulous topic!

-Kirk

*** THIS IA NOT THE SOUND YOU ARE HEARING--BUT ON HARD SHARP TURNS--I HEARD A SHIFTING SOUND--EVEN WITH HELMET ON--TURNS OUT THE ELASTIC STRAP ON COMPRESSOR BOX WAS TOO LONG , BOX WOULD SHIFT AND I WAS THINKING SOMETHING WAS COMING ADRIFT IN THE SUSPENSION--LOL

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.