Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished installing my LG headers on my '04 Z a few weeks ago and I am tripping a couple of codes. I believe they are P0141 and P0161 both are heating for the O2 sensors in the rear. The O2 sensors are going to there perspective header, spark plugs and wires are new, no melted wires, O2 simms for the rears, and the car rus great! I would not be concerned about the codes except that the check engine light comes on! It does not come on immediately, just when the car warms up. I can clear the codes, but it comes on the next time I start and warm the car. I can turn the light off by clearing the codes with the car running, but it is annoying!! I am in Wyoming and the only tuner i have is a Predator. How can I keep the check engine light from coming on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am still waiting on an email from LG, been to busy to call during business hours. Thanks in advance!

Matt

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I got them , too, after headers,and they went away for a while. I now get them when I put on the Halltech tunnel ram intake, but not every time I start the car. I also live in the automotive wilderness and don't know where to get a LS-edit that presumably takes care of this problem by simply turning off these sensors. For now, I just reset them, but worry just the same.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm sure Lou will get back to you but it sounds like a problem with the sims as the codes are for the rear O2 sensors.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I never had any luck with sims on my LG headers. I ended up getting LS1Edit and toggled them off and then that started my endless modding after that. You will want to get your version of Edit any way, that way you can do e-mails tunes after scanning.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
22655TD said:
I never had any luck with sims on my LG headers. I ended up getting LS1Edit and toggled them off and then that started my endless modding after that. You will want to get your version of Edit any way, that way you can do e-mails tunes after scanning.
Can you have a tune emailed for the predator that would turn off the rear O2's?

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can't with the unit itself, although my experience is with an 01 I read that the 04 tuner had more capibilities...

But you can contact certian Predator vendors and they can do custom tunes for you if you want info please PM me. I do not want to post a non supporting vendor..

Bobby

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Sabot said:
Bad sims. Underhood fuse #15 powers the O2 heaters.
Just a guess

Sabot
Or the SIMS are getting too hot. I wrapped mine in insulation and tucked them in right up against the firewall. No issues for over a year now. Good Luck

·
Registered
271 Posts
Call Diablsport. They can email you a program for your predator to turn off the rear O2s. That's what I did. Email this guy, Johan.. He can actually do you a custom program too based on all your mods.. [email protected]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Undy! Backlash, I did the same thing. I used 2000 reflective tape to wrap the simms and all the wires. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Backlash said:
Or the SIMS are getting too hot. I wrapped mine in insulation and tucked them in right up against the firewall. No issues for over a year now. Good Luck
:yeadog: Did the same and no problems as well........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts