Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some how one of the factory screens on my Z06 was damaged, and has a big dent in it. How do i get to it to remove it or does it pop out from the front? I'm bad about breaking tabs when it comes to things that are just snapped in place.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Skulls,
Sorry to hear you had your screen damaged. They don't pop out from the front. They are held on from the back, but I don't remember how. I took my whole front facsia off to get at the bumper and in doing so I saw how the screen attached. You may be able to get to the back of the front facsia by removing the outer lower black plastic covers under the facia. I think those come out by just removing some screws on the bottom.

Wish I could be more help. My car is in VA and I'm in HI right now. Hopefully someone else with more recent experience will chim in. :cheers:

·
Registered
378 Posts
They have two screws and two clips holding them in place from what I remember when I last removed them. I believe the clips were on top.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I replaced mine not long ago. They have two clips on top and two screws in the bottom. You have to remove or just loosen all the bottom covers behind the front fascia. I was then able to pull down on the front fascia and stick my arm in there to get to them. I also had pulled my car up onto a loadiing dock so the front was sticking over and that made it easier. It is really a pain to do and your arms get a little scraped up but that is the only way to get to them is from behind.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I've had to take my front screens out recently to put fog lights on. Take out the panels on the bottom, just the ones on the bottom side of the front. The air duct, just pull it back and kinda twis it so it's out of your way. You'll have 2 bolts in the back and 2 clips. The ones on the inside is going to be the hardest. to get. Since you plan on replacing them and if you don't care about the damage screen, you can just pry the front screens off that it'll come apart and you'll have access to the inside bolt. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts