Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let me know what these codes mean? They only come on (blinking) at WOT above 4000 rpm.
60-IPC U1016
80-RADIO U1016
A0-LDCM U1064
A1-RDCM U1064
Thanks

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

On 2001-06-05 19:44, qwik z06 spewed forth this drivel:
Please let me know what these codes mean? They only come on (blinking) at WOT above 4000 rpm.
60-IPC U1016
80-RADIO U1016
A0-LDCM U1064
A1-RDCM U1064
Thanks
The <R|L>DCM U1064 codes are a loss of communication with the door control modules (right and left). Not sure about the other codes, do you lose the radio?

·
Registered
0 Posts
60-IPC U1016 Loss of Communications with PCM

80-RADIO B1016 Loss of Communications with PCM ... Are you sure it isn't B1016 instead of U1016?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

A0-LDCM - U1064 Loss of Communications with BCM Left Door Control Module

A1-RDCM U1064 Loss of Communications with BCM

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
You are storing communication codes, however, to what are you refering to the blinking???
Is the check engine light blinking???
Please keep us posted, as the communications codes are considered normal, as long as there are NO performance issues.
c4c5

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to add that the "check engine" light was blinking. Does this have anything to do with my engine, since I was WOT at the times the check engine light was blinking?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
HI there,
Does the car feel like it is hesitating on acceleration?
Maybe like a misfiring cylinder??
Pleasee keep us posted, c4c5

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi--
My car does seem like it is hesitating, or missing a cylinder, what does this, and the blinking check engine light at WOT mean?
I have the Halltech, BBK throttle body, underdrive pulleys, coolant bypass, Bassani x-pipe, B & M Ripper, all installed by Morgan Motorsports in Calif.
Thanks Again,

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
HI there,
Well, the flashing check engine light could mean 2 things, one, that there is an engine misfire, or two, the engine is hitting is redline.
Please let me know at about what rpm this occurs.
Best, c4c5

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The blinking check engine light came on when the rpm's were above 5000. I cleared all the codes in my memory. By the way, I am running an oil consumption test at my local dealer, as I have 6,500 miles, have had two oil changes & used eight quarts of oil between the oil changes. From everything I have read on the internet, I am hoping the oil usage will lessen, as I really don't want anyone at the dealership tearing open the engine. Do you anyone who has had a stroker engine installed by Morgan Motorsports in Calif?
Thanks Again

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
It is possible that you are hitting the redline, however, I think that the misfire will not show itself.
Just keep us posted on this issue, and if the code returns, best to ya, c4c5

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your help.. I was wondering if anyone out there knows about Morgan Motorsports & their reputation on building stroker engines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts