Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, the girlfriend wants to get me the Euro taillights for the Z. So i need some help deciding if I want the gold or the clear! Here are the differences:
AMBER:

CLEAR:

whatcha think? I dont have any pics of the clear on yellow, sorry! If you have some pics you wanna post of them on yellow cars, then please do!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I like the red/white, on MY the red/amber does look :coo:. Whatever color you decide on you we be happy with because they are both combo's are :coo:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I did the red/clear on my black car. The only reason was that I didn't want to introduce another color on the rear. The red/clear are more in keeping with the look of the back-up lights.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Neither... this has never been a mod I like on any color. They look like fried eggs. Talk to any euro-vette owners and they most all want four big reds like we have, but they can't have 'em!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
OH...I forgot to mention...

Have you considered BOTH! I've seen the two outer lights red/amber and the two inner lights red/clear. The ambers are the turn signals and the clear are the back-up lights. I thought that was a cool combination. If I had seen it before I did mine, I would have probably done the two color conversion.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I like prefer the amber

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Damnit Baron.... I keep going back and forth on painting my whole rear black (vs. just the lower that I have now!) I'd just decided on leaving it, now I see that pic AHHHHHH!

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Cobra4B said:
Damnit Baron.... I keep going back and forth on painting my whole rear black (vs. just the lower that I have now!) I'd just decided on leaving it, now I see that pic AHHHHHH!
One good thing about that. Paint is cheap ! :p

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
^ Ever figure out what process your painter used to dead on match mil yellow w/o blending?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Cobra4B said:
^ Ever figure out what process your painter used to dead on match mil yellow w/o blending?
When he mixed the paint, he would shoot an area on the stock rear facia( one area on top, and one on the side) and tint the yellow till it was right on. We would take it outside and look at it in the sunlight(paint always looks different under flourescent lights) and then we would just set the stock facia back on the car to see if the match was good. Once he got where we were both happy with it, he painted the Specter Werks facia, and it really matches perfect. Time consuming, but time well spent.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Cool thanks.... possibly getting DRM hood soon and want to have the mismatched left side re-done.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was in Spain during this past Christmas and I had the chance to visit a Chevy/Cadillac dealer to check out the Euro version of the C5 / C6.
The european C5 Vettes have the outer tailights red/amber for turn signal, and the inner ones red/clear for backup lights. There are no backup lights in the plate area in Spain. On top of that, about 4 inches down the tailights there is a big and ugly red square that are the rear fog lights.
Also, in the European C5 there is another amber turn signal light exactly where the Z06405hp emblem is located in our Z06s.
The daytime running lights are clear instead of amber like in the US.
The headlights are made out of glass but they still leave a lot of room to be desired.

GB.

·
Registered
415 Posts
No offense to anyone, but I just can't get used to that look. I prefer the bug-eyed look of blackouts. It's nice to have so many choices though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts