Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Need help with Drag Radial selection

996 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Greg Irvine 
#1 ·
I need to buy some drag tires, but I have a problem with the with size...I had originally bought CCW's 12"X17" with BFG Drag Radial on them...They are wore out from my 02 Z and now I have the 04 Z...Talking to John at CCW he says that the MT ET drag radials with not work on the 12 in. wide wheels...I was not real happy with the launch with BFG so I am kind of limited to the BFGs again or the Nitto 555R 315/35/17s, the same size as my BFGs...Does anyone have any experience with the above mentioned Nitto Drag Radials or another tire that will fit on the 12X17 in wheels...Thanks in advance...

Greg

#3 ·
Greg if you want good 60's in So Ca you are going to have to get ET streets my .02

See you on Friday :cheers:

#5 ·
I have experieced with both Nittos and BFGs and the BFGs are the best for hooking period, the nittos do last longer with thread which is good if you drive with them on street but wont hook like the BFGs for that reason, I had some BFGs on my mustang a few years back and they were amazing, now I have some BFGs for my Z06 and they are not as good, I got them from someones tire shop from the back, they were there for years, who knows if they were older then the ones on my mustang, but they feel worst, maybe from being old and hard, and also the Z06 being worst at launching, or me worst at launching the Z06 :-?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.