Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
tranny is a 4L65E, level 5 build by FLP. also have a BeCool Radiator with tranny cooler.

i was out today, drove about 120 miles, temps were 73* outside, DIC noted 205*. my bro took the car out and apparently hit a good 120mph.
i know, i know...first mistake...shouldn't let others drive, but i figured he would be responsible!

but anyways..now, i see a few drips of tranny fluid on the floor, seems like it drips as i drive the car as well...very light drops though. the drops are also kinda under the passenger side header area.

any idea where this could be coming from? lines leaking?? im going to try to get on a lift tommorow and see whats up...

any suggestions??? thanks!
Aj

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Is the fluid coming from the front, up near the radiator or back by the transmission? :cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its coming from the front..literally like below the coolant tank kinda area... i don't think its the overflow of the coolant, as that looks level. it really looks like tranny fluid...

and it only seems to happen when the car is running, b/c when i shut it off, no leaks. leads me to believe when the system is pressurized, its leaking out of a hole or something...i guess when i get it on the lift hopefully tommorow, i can figure out whats up...

ideas?
Aj

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
So the fluid is pink/red in color? Check your fittings. Be careful you don't over tighten them, it doesen't take much. Just a little over snug. :cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gilyZ06 said:
120 mph plus banging gears, dumping clutch, get the picture!
its an auto...

IT L GO:
yes, thats the first thing i will do now. thats the same problem i had before when i bought the car, and on the 6 hr drive home, the tranny cooler line popped off the radiator...weak clamp..hopefully its something simple as this. gosh, this really sux!
Aj

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
1 BAD BURB said:
its an auto...

IT L GO:
yes, thats the first thing i will do now. thats the same problem i had before when i bought the car, and on the 6 hr drive home, the tranny cooler line popped off the radiator...weak clamp..hopefully its something simple as this. gosh, this really sux!
Aj
Easy fixes are the best. :cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, found the problem!

its a pin hole leak in the cooler line... the guy musta used a crappy hose... glad i found it now before it got huge!

the line is easy to remove, the only question i have is, if i pull the line, how much fluid will come out? are we talkin like 2 or 3 qts (something small) or like 10qts??? i don't know how the system pressurizes...

any ideas?
thanks guys!
Aj

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
1 BAD BURB said:
ok, found the problem!

its a pin hole leak in the cooler line... the guy musta used a crappy hose... glad i found it now before it got huge!

the line is easy to remove, the only question i have is, if i pull the line, how much fluid will come out? are we talkin like 2 or 3 qts (something small) or like 10qts??? i don't know how the system pressurizes...

any ideas?
thanks guys!

Aj
There won't be any pressure on the line. The fluid will like out via gravity. :cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fixed the leak.. turned out it was a very tiny pin hole leak in the hose...
and i prolly had about a few fl oz of tranny fluid come out...thanks again IT L GO!
Aj

1 - 10 of 10 Posts