Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all, I wasn't sure where to post this question but since I have a 02 Z06 I thought it would be ok to post here, sorry if I was wrong. so here is my question.
OK guys , so I am doing an engine swap for a friend on his 63 coupe, (out with 350 & in with 327) now that the engine is out of the car, I have a buyer lined up but I have no idea what to ask for this beast. I will list particulars and anyone with help on an asking price feel free to chime in. There is already a buyer for this engine so it is NOT FOR SALE.

69 360 block
crank offset ground to a 377 ci.
rods shot penned and hardened
12.5:1 cr pistons (not sure of manufacturer)
off road Z cam
windage tray in oil pan
tray under intake
pushrod guide plates
balanced & blueprinted, lined bored through mains
cylinders honed with deck plates
202 heads with small ports (not sure if he meant small cc)
manley stainless steel valves
manley rockers & screw in studs
manley valve springs and Teflon seals
double roller timing gear set with cam button
aluminum water pump
Edelbrock tarantula intake
accel dual point distributor
high volume oil pump
35# flywheel, lakewood bellhousing & hd starter

this motor was built for drag racing and has less than 2000 miles on it, never made a pass at strip, only driven on street. This is info passed to me from the current owner.
I know it's not the same as having a build receipt in hand but this is the info and need help with what to ask for it. I do have video with sound of engine running before we started the engine swap.
Thanks to all willing to help.

(moved to correct section)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hello all, I wasn't sure where to post this question but since I have a 02 Z06 I thought it would be ok to post here, sorry if I was wrong. so here is my question.
OK guys , so I am doing an engine swap for a friend on his 63 coupe, (out with 350 & in with 327) now that the engine is out of the car, I have a buyer lined up but I have no idea what to ask for this beast. I will list particulars and anyone with help on an asking price feel free to chime in. There is already a buyer for this engine so it is NOT FOR SALE.

69 360 block
crank offset ground to a 377 ci.
rods shot penned and hardened
12.5:1 cr pistons (not sure of manufacturer)
off road Z cam
windage tray in oil pan
tray under intake
pushrod guide plates
balanced & blueprinted, lined bored through mains
cylinders honed with deck plates
202 heads with small ports (not sure if he meant small cc)
manley stainless steel valves
manley rockers & screw in studs
manley valve springs and Teflon seals
double roller timing gear set with cam button
aluminum water pump
Edelbrock tarantula intake
accel dual point distributor
high volume oil pump
35# flywheel, lakewood bellhousing & hd starter

this motor was built for drag racing and has less than 2000 miles on it, never made a pass at strip, only driven on street. This is info passed to me from the current owner.
I know it's not the same as having a build receipt in hand but this is the info and need help with what to ask for it. I do have video with sound of engine running before we started the engine swap.
Thanks to all willing to help.

(moved to correct section)
Just for info, I just completed a new 418 stroker (TSP short block/new afr heads) for $9100 so I would guess that motor may be worth $3,000 - 3500 for the right person

1 - 3 of 3 Posts