Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on wheel and tire sizes. I have 24K miles on my 02 and you guessed it the original tires are shot.

Here's my situation....I put chromies on at about 3K miles. The chrome started to come off on the backside of each wheel at about 15k miles. (road salt I guess) When I replace the tires I want to put new wheels on also. So in that case I would like to go to a larger wheel/tire combo without making any other changes.
What would be the best direction for me to go ? I would like some suggestions. :eek::

Thanks
Lane

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
CCW 505's 305/30/19 rear 275/30/19 front Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetrico :z:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CCW 505's 305/30/19 rear 275/30/19 front Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetrico

Will these clear without any modification ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love the CCW 505a, however, i kinda like the Michelin PS2's. Not sure if they will fit, however...

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
redhot said:
CCW 505's 305/30/19 rear 275/30/19 front Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetrico

Will these clear without any modification ?

Yes, they will clear. However, they are a bare, polished wheel that will not look good if they come in contact with salt. You'll want a wheel that's got a high quality chrome finish, polished with clear or painted with clear if you're going to use the car year round (in areas that salt the roads).

I have HREs with painted centers, polished lips and the entire wheel is clearcoated. I don't drive in the snow :D but I do drive in the winter without any problems.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just a word of caution. If your only concern for new wheels is how they look, then go wild with big sizes. However, if you are worried about performance, then be careful because this big stuff can add a lot of weight per wheel and diminish the performance of your car. Both the OEM Z06 wheels and tires are VERY lightweight considering their size. Even if you were to maintain the factory sizes but change wheels and tires, you could end up adding substantial weight. I am also looking for wheels, but my penchant for NOT adding weight basically dictates that I stay with the factory wheel sizes and OEM F1 tires.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ttt

·
Registered
309 Posts
WayneE said:
Yes, they will clear. However, they are a bare, polished wheel that will not look good if they come in contact with salt. You'll want a wheel that's got a high quality chrome finish, polished with clear or painted with clear if you're going to use the car year round (in areas that salt the roads).

I have HREs with painted centers, polished lips and the entire wheel is clearcoated. I don't drive in the snow :D but I do drive in the winter without any problems.

Hey Wayne,

Sharp wheels! :thumb:
How about a side shot of those HRE's on the EB Z06.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts