Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Skip Shift module last night and thought nothing of it, started up the car this morning, everything worked fine until I got out to the main road from my complex, and then the clutch pedal just went to the floor while I was driving (no foot on it) and the car stalled as I came to a stop (obviously).

I flipped it back up and nothing. No clutch. I managed to start the car in first gear and get it rolling down the road, pulled a U-turn and headed right back to my garage, where it's sitting now. There is no fluid under the car and the reservoir for the clutch master cylinder is full. I can find no problem with linkage under the dash, and there is no fluid under the car.

Did the Skip Shift module set a code in the computer and do I need to reset the computer now?

Need help IMMEDIATELY, any advice or tips are extremely welcome. I just want to go to work!! :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My uneducated guess is that it is not the CAGS disabler.
It is just a transistor that tells the CAGS that it is really working when it has actually been disabled.
That shouldn't be the problem, but let's hope some other members chime in to help out.

chris

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the codes, and there were three (each) in history on A0 LDCM and A1 RDCM, but door codes shouldn't have anything to do with this, obviously.

I was about to jack the car up and revert the skip shift, because that's the only thing that I changed electronically between it working perfectly last week and not driving today. I lowered the car, but of course that has nothing to do with the clutch.

The pedal flops to the floor at the lightest pressure and stays there. You have to flip it back up with your toe, and there is no clutch engagement whatsoever.

Car is '02 Z, with just over 3,200 miles. I'm glad it didn't do this while we were driving it back from Alabama, but this is NOT something that I expected from a brand new car. Again, any help is GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Its definately not the CAGS disabler. The clutch is completely mechanical and cannot be prevented from doing its job by the computer.

Linkage or seal I would guess.......Will require dealer.....

JC

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, that's what I was afraid of. Is there any way to resolve the problem by bleeding and replacing the fluid, or is this a "non-end user serviceable item"?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And more importantly, how am I supposed to get it to a dealership if the clutch won't disengage? I can probably shift up at the right rpm and down, but the car is going to stall at every stop, since I can't disengage the clutch. Obviously this is dangerous...

Looks like I get to fork out money for a tow truck and rental car... how much of this is GM going to cover? Anyone have any experience with a terminal Corvette that required you to go through this sort of pain?

How about the people who were locked out of starting their cars with the column problem?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Call Roadside Assistance and request a flatbed truck. The number is in your manual. They cover towing to the nearest dealer - or one of your choice within a reasonable distance.
Talk to your dealer and let them know it is coming.

chris

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The # for RSA is on you drivers side window. Little blue sticker!! Sounds like you either broke your linkage or possible clutch fork failure??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dealership has ordered a "clip" for the clutch linkage which should be here today. Apparently it broke/fell off under the car and was the cause of the clutch pedal failure.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
jimlab said:
Dealership has ordered a "clip" for the clutch linkage which should be here today. Apparently it broke/fell off under the car and was the cause of the clutch pedal failure.
Good that it was an easy fix. Good luck on the repair.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I'm glad for you it is an easy fix :roll: Sounds like it caused you a lot of pain!! :mad: Hope you are back on the road soon! :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my car back this afternoon, washed and everything. Props to Lee Johnson Chevrolet Mazda in Kirkland, WA for putting the rush on getting the part and getting me back on the road!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Jim -- WOW, glad to hear it wasn't major :D.

Hopefully, the weather will allow the NW ZBruthas to get together another time or two. We need you in the group since your the only TR Z we know of :D.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts