Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am doing some research on Portable Lifts that can be used in a garage.

I will be removing wheels often, so a four post lift or Kwiklift WONT work.

But there are a number of manufacturer who make exactly what I'm looking for in the $1500-1700 range:
Norco http://www.norcoind.com/norco/portlift.htm
Ben-Pearson http://www.ben-pearson.com/6000mr.html
Snap-on (expensive!)
Rotary-lift (too big)

Does anyone have any experience with these lifts or Manufacturers?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Boy those are nice....

I wonder if they could be mounted in or on a trailer for work at the track. I worry about clearance though. But if you imbeded it in garage floor tiles and or inside a Longacre scale and suspension set up plates you wouldn't have to worry.

I like the red for my QS but some of the EB owners might like the blue better.

I think I'm going to buy 2. One for the garage and one for the trailer.

I'll have to check and see if I can buy just the lift and hook it up to my compresser in the garage and on the trailer.

I've been thinking about one of these. Good job, keep the info coming

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Boy those are nice....

I wonder if they could be mounted in or on a trailer for work at the track. I worry about clearance though. But if you imbeded it in garage floor tiles and or inside a Longacre scale and suspension set up plates you wouldn't have to worry.

I like the red for my QS but some of the EB owners might like the blue better.

I think I'm going to buy 2. One for the garage and one for the trailer.

I'll have to check and see if I can buy just the lift and hook it up to my compresser in the garage and on the trailer.

I've been thinking about one of these. Good job, keep the info coming

·
Registered
638 Posts
Eagle has some units on there site. I wondered how it would work with clearance also. I guess, maybe concrete ramps to drive on will be needed to drive the car above the lift. I can't get my 2.5 ton jack under the front spoiler.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I use my 2 1/2 ton...

....Jack but I have had to remove the front wheels. Thats OK because then it rests on the front part of the jack frame and jack skirts. I have been thinking of converting the front wheels to a single low profile NASCAR type roller.

I jack from the side just behind the rear view mirror. Taking the Jack puck off and placing the jack directly under the metal rocker panel stiffener just inboard of the fiberg;lass. I can get both side wheels off the ground at once for a quick wheel change, brake bleed, or pad and/or rotor change.

Make sure you have it in reverse gear, Emergency Brake ON and chock both opposite side wheel in both directions.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Dreamin said:
I am doing some research on Portable Lifts that can be used in a garage.

I will be removing wheels often, so a four post lift or Kwiklift WONT work.

Does anyone have any experience with these lifts or Manufacturers?
this is exactly what i'm interested in. please keep us posted on what you find out!

i also need something relatively small that can fit in the garage and that allows the wheels to be removed.

thanks!

-jason

·
Registered
272 Posts
Why do you say the Rotary lift is too big?

I was looking at the VMP6 because it appears to give the best clearance for oil changes.

That Norco unit looks damn good though and w/ a lifetime warranty!!! Just wondering how those cross members line up in relation to the oil drain plug and filter...anyone know?

·
Registered
644 Posts
02ZO6 said:
Eagle has some units on there site. I wondered how it would work with clearance also. I guess, maybe concrete ramps to drive on will be needed to drive the car above the lift. I can't get my 2.5 ton jack under the front spoiler.
Buy a set of low profile - Rhino ramps for about $30.00 and you can drive up on them and then use the jack.

I've seen them for sale at WalMart or PepBoys. I have a set of them too, but I use the kwiklift now.

·
Registered
601 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts