Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been a while since I was on here...and I have yet another upgrade question.

I have a 02 z06 that currently only has long-tubes, vararam, and a tune. My car is a daily driver. I'm looking to install a cam kit very soon, but I'm still up in the air as to which I should purchase. Currently, I'm leaning towards the LG G5X3 kit...its seems very complete, (I don't know if I should go with LSA 112 or 114), but I am also considering other brands (TSP MS3, Futral F14). Also, I don't plan on messing with the heads quite yet...so the cam of choice will need to create ZERO probs with the otherwise stock engine.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did....TSP MS3 = Texas Speed Magic Stick V3 Cam

I have read a lot about it and watched numerous videos (good things), as well as every other brand for that matter...the research has been done...I just wanted to see if I could get the input of those who have actually made the install.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
IMO, you don't need that big of a cam as the G5X3 to get a great gain, and the TQ where you can use it. I did research (yrs. ago) a ls1tech.com, a site that has a bunch of cam experts, and explanations. If you pick a cam that optimizes your dynamic CR, you can increase TQ in mid-range, where it's alot more usable for a primarily street driven car. Of course, you need springs, and there's a bunch of other parts that're a good idea to upgrade while you're in there anyway. I'd recommend something around [email protected] 113 with around .585 lift. Learn about cam lobes, and this'll help you decide which brand/type is best for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
go custom. i did a custom comp cam 224/230 112 lsa on xfi lobes with the same mods you currently have on my 02z. it had slightly over .600 lift and that car pulled like a train. first and second were traction limited. the cam had a very nice chop at idle. it sounded and pulled like it had a much bigger cam in it but was very street friendly and made a great dd.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did go custom...112 LSA, and just slightly over .600. (complete kit and pulley).

Should be going in in a week or two...and I should have before and after dyno numbers. If I get a print out, I'll post on how much rwhp I end up picking up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did a TSP tsunami cam (112lsa) with the same bolt on's you have & put down 433hp. @ the tires. After getting it tuned, it drives like a stocker!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts