Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need ls6 g5x3 dyno sheet. Cam ONLY.
Comparing this cam to the rpm 5 cam.
Would like if its stock with cam and headers. No LSX intake or TB etc. But if thats all you got post it up. I need something to compare.
Which one would be better on the spray also?

Thanks guys.

-Zee

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
off the top of my head I know different LSA's respond better to nitrous or NA. Generally speaking, what works on a blown car works on a nitrous car as well (scavenges exhaust gases better, turbo cams actually want more exhaust backpressure to spin the rotors and are biased to intake more than exhaust)

as if you didn't have enough torque already...

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
CraZee!!
Say there buddy,
I thought you were heading for the TTP Equalizer S3? What happened there? Matt did an install with the graph posted here a while back, 433 rwhp.

Just wondering if you have changed your mind.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you check my earlier posts I believe there is a dyno graph of my car(433 rwhp). If you can't find it I can try to re post it.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
CraZee,
Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send you a JPG of my dyno. 404rwhp at that's with the G5X-3, underdrive pully, polished throttlebody, airbridge, vararam and completely stock exhaust.

Paul.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mjustmike said:
CraZee!!
Say there buddy,
I thought you were heading for the TTP Equalizer S3? What happened there? Matt did an install with the graph posted here a while back, 433 rwhp.

Just wondering if you have changed your mind.
Hey Mike,
Man I am so CONFUSED on which cam to go with. Seems like all these cams are pretty much the same in n/a performance. So now I am just looking at which one will be the best with my nitrous too.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PaulS said:
CraZee,
Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send you a JPG of my dyno. 404rwhp at that's with the G5X-3, underdrive pully, polished throttlebody, airbridge, vararam and completely stock exhaust.

Paul.
PM sent. Thanks :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
CraZee ZO6 said:
Hey Mike,
Man I am so CONFUSED on which cam to go with. Seems like all these cams are pretty much the same in n/a performance. So now I am just looking at which one will be the best with my nitrous too.

Say buddy,
I know what you mean!!!! Look over here and look over there, spin around, stop!! Move left,......anyway, looking forward to June. We'll get hooked up and give you a spin. I think Matt would like to try that cam with spray, says it would work good. But I think you're right, they're pretty much so similiar that you can't go wrong as long as you stay with a decent, reputable tuner you'll be okay.
Good luck with your choice!!
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
How streetable is the X3? What fuel effeciency differences has everyone experienced, as well as changes in Idle?

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
CraZee ZO6 said:
Would like if its stock with cam and headers. No LSX intake or TB etc. But if thats all you got post it up. I need something to compare.

Thanks guys.

-Zee
Check in the Conours section under Don Benson. If I remember correctly he has a scan of the dyno sheet of just the cam and kooks headers and a K&N air charger on the car. And then afterward with AFR heads and FAST manifold/90mmTB

Good Luck on you decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
CraZee ZO6 said:

Thanks guys.

-Zee
In an FBody with a stock 2002 LS6 and bolt ons it made 437 rwhp... havent done one on a Z06 yet and had dynos... I will have a G5X4 in mine shortly though and its almost bone stock :)

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
AZPower&Sound said:
In an FBody with a stock 2002 LS6 and bolt ons it made 437 rwhp... havent done one on a Z06 yet and had dynos... I will have a G5X4 in mine shortly though and its almost bone stock :)
Keep me posted on your impressions of the G5X4...I'd be very interested in knowing how it behaves on the street. :yeadog:

Don

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
I lost about 1-2 mpg with the G5X-3. I expected more but was pleasantly surprised. Remember, I don't have any headers or cat-back system - still stock so maybe I'd loose another 1 mpg with the exhaust upgrade. Idle is rough unless you get a tune. Driveabilty, there is no change other than the occasional motor surging when you're driving around in a parking garage. You get used to pressing in the clutch and giving it a little gas to keep the Z from bucking. I don't have a partition and I don't think it's too loud and neither does my wife - she drives it 4-5 days a week to work.
If I do something to the exhaust the wife may start saying something about how loud it is...

I'd definately recommend an underdrive pulley. You're right there anyway and to change it out will probably cost you about 10 minutes of labor. The underdrive pulley I used was 2 oz. lighter than stock.

I've never worked on a car other than oil changes, belt/hose/battery replacements but I put this cam in myself with a little help from a couple fellow Z owners. Took me about 10 days working 8 p.m. til 11 p.m. (have kids), and I took off a couple days.

Good luck in your decision....

·
Registered
8 Posts
PaulS said:
I lost about 1-2 mpg with the G5X-3. I expected more but was pleasantly surprised. Remember, I don't have any headers or cat-back system - still stock so maybe I'd loose another 1 mpg with the exhaust upgrade. Idle is rough unless you get a tune. Driveabilty, there is no change other than the occasional motor surging when you're driving around in a parking garage. You get used to pressing in the clutch and giving it a little gas to keep the Z from bucking. I don't have a partition and I don't think it's too loud and neither does my wife - she drives it 4-5 days a week to work.
If I do something to the exhaust the wife may start saying something about how loud it is...

I'd definately recommend an underdrive pulley. You're right there anyway and to change it out will probably cost you about 10 minutes of labor. The underdrive pulley I used was 2 oz. lighter than stock.

I've never worked on a car other than oil changes, belt/hose/battery replacements but I put this cam in myself with a little help from a couple fellow Z owners. Took me about 10 days working 8 p.m. til 11 p.m. (have kids), and I took off a couple days.

Good luck in your decision....
Exactly what I wanted to know :)

So what are the differences between the G5X3 and G5X4?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So will that at all effect durability of the engine with all the roughness at idle and the surging? Also, is the X4 going to be much worse with gas milage?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts