Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
piece that fixes the "Rear Bumper Sag" problem. It was about $50 and was easy to install in about 5 min.! I've searched a couple of Forums, and couldn't find it. TIA

HarleyB

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Carl.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are on the way. (ordered today, 12:30 pm PDT) Will post before & after pics.

HarleyB

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I did not have a problem with my rear facia but added them anyway, they make both sides look the exact same. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the back lower valence panel (bumper)

If the center (center arrow) part of the body work directly below the two louvers on both sides of the car are hanging lower than the sides OR that same area is "sucked up", you've got the dreaded "Bumper Sag". The panels should be straight accross, parallel with the louver openings.

HarleyB

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

On 2001-04-26 20:00, IMA Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
This is caused by the heat of the mufflers.

IMA, I have seen new Vettes on the car carriers being delivered that have the problem, I know of a few dealers that blamed it on aftermarket exhaust and customers went to the parking lot and showed the dealer new Vettes with the problem.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carl is right... mine came "PRE" sagged. Unless they got the Ti exhaust up to real high temp in the 3.4 miles the Shark had on it at delivery....

HarleyB

·
Registered
566 Posts
Harley:

I had to install one on the passenger side of my car. Never noticed it until I got to Zanioing the rear end. The rear fasica braces do work, but put some two sided tape or silicone caulk on the side that contacts the fasicsa to hold it in place more securely.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Mike, spend the $80.00 and get them yourself or the General will be painting and sanding your new facia. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts