Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
10,982 Posts
Jim,

Thanks for the report. As an old drag racer, I love hearing about performance!!

I was in Orlando back in September and met up with Steve Hummel and a GM Engineer. He's actually the same guy who is helping to get the Z06 Tire Sealant fiasco straightened out. I'll post on that later in case you haven't heard.

Anyway, he was telling Steve and I about some of the Generals professional drivers and that during testing of the Z06, they were able to get consistant 3.87 0-60 times.
He said their method was to launch at 2900 RPMs, but they were slipping the heck out of the clutch. He recommended that we do NOT try this because they were really smoking the clutches. You may remember that the first Motor Trend test car had a bad clutch in it. Now you know why!!

I love drag racing and running all out, but I'm in the same boat as JC, I can't afford to be buying a $1000 set of tires every couple of months either.

One of these days I'll have to post some pics of my old Junior Fuel Dragster that I ran back in the 70's.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.