Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed the Brey Krause Bar in my Z (pretty cool) Now I need advice on which harnesses work the best. I think I have narrowed it down to Team Tech and Simpson belts with Cam Locks. I know they need to be wrap mount belts. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

By the way my Z has black interior with the Red Z06 accents and some yellow interior mods. So I'm torn between Red belts or Yellow belts - what do you guys think?

Regards,

2Charmed

:cheers:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Red.

I have not installed mine yet (waiting on the Breathless bar, should be any day now) but I have the Crow harnesses, see pics, search for "Crow") and really like the way they look....

Cam lock, but no lever ;) :cool:

I got em from LAPD.....QUICK shipping and great pricing.

JC

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
2Charmed -- Sounds like you're describing my car (minus the yellow accents inside)!

I had the same belts questions. My decision was made a little easier by me seeing and using a buddy's Sparco set-up in his car. I didn't KNOW that I wanted the Sparcos then, but knew that I did like them, and just thought I'd see if there were something that I liked more first. I ended up visiting OG Racing in VA where they had different belts hanging on the wall, and after seeing and getting demostrations on some other belts, I ended up with the same red Sparcos.

Incidentally, OG carries the Simpson belts, too, but Jamie there disuaded me from getting the Simpsons, explaining that the cam set-up is better on the Sparcos (the Simpson cam has to be flipped down --like a lightswitch -- in order to disengage the belts, whereas the Sparco cam just needs to be rotated either direction to disengage). The Sparco cam did, in fact, feel much easier to use -- and although I'd never want to be in an accident where I needed to escape the belts quickly, I'd be able to get out of the Sparcos more easily.

The Sparcos come in black, "royal" (my word) blue, and red. I thought about getting the black ones, but prefered the way the red ones would offset the red "Z06" on the seats (and throughout the rest of the car). I think it looks great.

Good luck!

-Kirk

PS -- At first I thought I'd get the black, red and yellow "Sabelt" belts (also made by Sparco), but the yellow on them is more of an "optic yellow" (like a tennis ball) than the MY, and so I determined that they'd look pretty ugly in my MY car...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have always wanted a cross bar and harness setup but I am concerned about roll over danger.

Does anyone have information on how good the Z06 b pillar is as a roll bar?

Thanks,

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I am going with the Team Tech belts, probably
Black with Red tabs.

KMeloney, Our cars do sound very close. My car has very similar
mods (no side molding)

Vettesrule, The B pillar is good enough that the Silver State Classic Challenge allows the Z06 upto the 150 mph run with no additional roll over protection. The Brey Kraus Bar probably does
little for roll over protection, but it sure does seem to be secure and probably does stiffen the body.

2Charmed
:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts