Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
anyone have any pictures of their home made scoop to install under the warehead filter (Halltech) ... i read quite a few posts on this, but no pictures, i also read that you should make it out of metal, cause the plastic type scoop can break off.

thanks for any help

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey Manny
Go over to the Halltech site and click on tech tips and then look under Cold Air Modifications for a Stinger by Dave, he shows a how to do it pulling out the shroud and using a plastic scoop from Office Depot.

Using these guide lines I made my own scoop out of sheet metal and pop riveted the scoop to the shroud.

I did not take out the plastic shroud and did the complete install from the top side of the car. Used a sharp box knife to cut the hole in the shroud and worked the scoop through the hole to install it on the bottom side of the shroud.

Just taking my time on a Sunday afternoon measuring twice and cutting once it took an hour and a half or so. This is a great mod for the Halltech Stinger, getting that cold air from the bottom side of the filter as well as the top side has to help.
Easy mod, go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts