Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife went to the chevy dealer yesterday to pick up 2 exhaust gaskets for me. They charged her 23 bucks! I think they are running a scam b/c my father in law went there last week and they tried to charge him the same thing and he lit them up b/c he checked before hand and said the list price is 7.13 and dealer cost is like 5 bucks. Does anyone know the part number and right price for the gaskets. It's not a lot of money but it's the principle. I just feel like they were trying to take advantage of my father in law and wife and I want to light their azzes up if thats true. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Are you referring to the manifold gaskets, or the gaskets that connect the intermediate pipe to the mufflers?

The muffler gaskets you can take to the auto parts store and see if they can match them up, if not, they may have an aftermarket set that fits. The manifold gaskets may also be available through Fel-Pro.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The muffler gaskets. I'm putting my stingers back on and taking off the borla straight pipes. I have aftermarket gaskets in there now from autozone and they suck (leak). The stock ones are so much nicer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found it!

GM PART # 10276792
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $7.14
OUR PRICE: $4.07
DESCRIPTION: GASKET

Those bastards charged my wife 23 bucks for 2.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'll bet the GM ones are going to leak too.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
$3.92 each from my local dealer. Lead time 1 day.

Joe

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Hokie, from what I can gather, dealer parts depts are pretty much free to charge what they want. You think Chevy dealers try to gouge you, try Honda... two different Honda dealers in Houston for the same part run the gamut- one right at MSRP and the other almost 2xMSRP. Go figure, glad you got what you needed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The 2-bolt flange on my '02 Z06 was warped and it took three gaskets on each side to get it to seal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts