Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of Extreeme Collision in the Dallas area. Progressive will not work with Stuarts Paint and Body so they are out. thanks

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have heard somewhere that by law you can have any insurance repairs made wherever you choose. Most insurance companies are just looking for the lowest possible bidder. If I were you, I would look up the insurance laws and see what's up. Wish I had a link for you but that is something I have not yet had to deal with. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
I have heard somewhere that by law you can have any insurance repairs made wherever you choose.
This is a true statement in Texas. When I wrecked my 96 vette State Farm even sent me a letter stating that it is illegal to deny a body shop of my choice to fix my car.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
jason31 said:
Has anyone heard of Extreeme Collision in the Dallas area. Progressive will not work with Stuarts Paint and Body so they are out. thanks

You can choose who YOU want to work on it. Call the Texas Dpt. of Insurance

The Texas Department of Insurance
333 Guadalupe, Austin 78701 - P.O. Box 149104, Austin 78714-9104
(512) 463-6169 - 800-578-4677 - Consumer Helpline 800-252-3439

and talk to them about it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
There right, but Extreme is very good. Mgr has a MY Vert last time I was buy there. I'm assuming you mean Extreme in Plano, Ave K and Plano Pkwy? I would make them let you get it done at Stuarts though if thats what you want, they seem to have more reccomendations and expirence with these type of repairs but the insurance company cannot deny you. I got an attorney if you need one.

·
Registered
806 Posts
PLEASE post your results if you choose to take the road less traveled and go the legal route to force your insurance company to comply. I would like to see the outcome. Good Luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not that Progressive will not work with Stuarts. They will not agree with blending in the corner pannel. This has to be done in order to blend properly. I have recieved a check from Progressive for 369.00, this will not cover the entire cost. I can't imagine any reputable shop that would tackle this project without sanding and blending with the corner pannel. Stuarts will try to work with the rear bumper alone. He is almost certain that this will not work. Afterwards He will have to call Progressive over to look at the unfinished product. Hopefully Progressive will understand and allow Stuarts to finish the job. Meanwhile I'm sitting on my ass and finally a beautiful weekend is comming. Red tape is wasting my time. :mad: It seems that Progressive insurance is difficult to work with according to the few body shops I've contacted. They should think twice before covering 16 year old girls.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way, while Stuarts and Progressive are fighting this out, where can I go to rent a Corvette. Do you think Her insurance will cover this. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts