Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im heading towards h/c and i hope this would be my last mod :bang: ... the only thing which worries me right now is tuning the car after having these mods on, since we dont have a reliable tuner over here plus there's no dynojets... what would u guys recommend? should i go for the setup and then send my computer to a reliable tuner in the states or just forget about it? is there any other way to tune ur car in this case? im really confused now..and u guys are the only hope! :z:

many thanks,
ebrahim :cheers:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
I guess I would have to say 'Be Careful' about doing mods that go into the engine in your location. Not just tuning needs, but simple things like needing another head gasket or the copper coating spray for the gasket might be very difficult for you to get in a hurry.
I guess that template pcm flashes might be alright for some, but what if you start throwing codes, etc even after having a reputable tuner flash your pcm with new settings.....see what I mean?
Best of luck on your decision!

Mike

·
Registered
999 Posts
Whatever you do I would buy all the parts needed to do the install from one shop. They could get a set of heads and a cam with the same specs as an install they have previously done and flash a PCM and include it in the package. As Mike suggests, it may not be a bad idea to get a couple of sets of gaskets, sealer and other incidentals needed just in case.

If you try to get someone to tune long distance and you're using someone elses parts it will be very difficult.

You will need to call the tuner and tell them everything you have on your car (headers, intake, ported TB...etc.) so they can match you package as close as possible to a job that they have done and can flash to a PCM. Not a perfect way to do it but probably your best bet.

Good luck.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Your best bet is going to be: Get everything done that you want and buy PCM programming software and datalogging. Program yourself, or if you do not feel comfortable, pay a tuner here for a program, have it e mailed to you and install it. If it is not what you want, then send a file of your datalog to the tuner and have him make adjustments as needed. I believe that this will be so much faster than shipping a PCM back and forth. Best of luck to you and if I can be of assistance my link is on the side, Anti Venom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts