Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and have learned a lot by reading the posts. I need some advice. I have an 01 Z06 that has 15K miles on it. The mods I have done so far are TPIS Long Tube Headers, Corsa X-Pipe, 8MM GM Performance Wires, Volant Dual Cone Cold Air Intake, 3:90 Rear. I am thinking about the shaner S2 throttle-body, and then have it custom dyno-tuned. What does the LS1 edit mean? Without taking the engine apart or adding NOS or Turbos or Supercharger, is there anything anyone suggests? (Underdrive pulleys, etc.??)
Thanks in advance for the help! :usa:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Didn't they dyno tune the car when you installed the LTs?

The S2 is a good idea. Performance-wise, the list of mods sounds good. How about rims, lowering it or other aesthetic options??

Welcome to our family,
Alex

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alex, I appreciate it. Nope, the car has never been dyno-tuned. I just figured out how to do the signature on the posts and detail some of the aesthetics I bought...When they dyno-tune the car what will they do exactly? Will they use one of those "programmers" to adjust the computer? :-?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You're right. When you have the car dyno tuned they will use a computer to program the car's pcm. They will tune it for optimum performance - meaning, your car will be tuned so it never runs too rich/lean which may damage your motor.

Enjoy the ride,
Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts