Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I use to own a 2002 WS6 with a G5X2 cam, LT's and a custom true dual setup dumped with spiral flow mufflers. This set up was LOUD and I've actually enjoyed the quiet of the stock Z exhaust.

I'm looking into doing a LT setup on the Z and just want some tips on exhaust choice. I'm wanting some sound but nothing obnoxious or too loud inside the cabin.

It seems the Borla Stinger system is the most popular but I'm pretty scared of borla. In the LS1 f-body world the adjustable borla system sounded like total ass to me.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Stingers sound good. I have Bullets from B&B and they are loud. I think you might want to listen to GHL's, or maybe Magnaflow.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
If you are wanting to remain fairly quiet, just stay with the stock Ti catback when you add headers. It's the best compromise for high flow to noise level ratio, and it's very light.

·
Registered
590 Posts
A set ot LT's and removal of the cats with the stock system will make a nice light weight and pleasing exhaust..it will be loud when you put your foot in it and very livable the rest of the time. Someone should have one on here that you could llisten to.. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Keep in mind when you add headers you increase the sound volume at least 20%. So what sounded nice prior to headers can be terrible after headers. GHL has the best looking system on the market and sounds very good. The B&B PRT system is also very nice and very well made. Avoid Borla as quality is suspect and sound is just OK in MHO. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts