Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheels or LGM headers? im at a fork in the road here guys i cant decide on some new CCW street classics 18' s all around, it will come to about 3k total, ill sell my stock rims and tires with about 33oo miles on them, looking to get $1600 for them, or pic up a set of LGM headders w/ cats and get it dyno tuned, for about 2.5k, both have there plus's, i wont be doing really any racing, i gonna try out a HPDE event soon but thats about it. what should i do?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Definetly the headers, you can enjoy them while your in the car, not ouside of it. They sound great!

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Adam_Z06_02 said:
I got a header question? is it true that the motor gotta come out to do the install?

You DO NOT need to remove motor to install a set of headers!
Where did you get that idea? I believe the older style Kooks
headers required that the motor needed to be lifted a couple of inches to get them in, but no removal necessary. HTH

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Adam_Z06_02 said:
I got a header question? is it true that the motor gotta come out to do the install?
Only if you going to put a 427 stroker motor in it. :lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man nothing but header votes over here...you guys, its like night and day, asked the same question on the "other forum" and i got nothing but get the new shoes, is this a plot to make me go crazy. :crazy:

·
Registered
327 Posts
illmac77 said:
man nothing but header votes over here...you guys, its like night and day, asked the same question on the "other forum" and i got nothing but get the new shoes, is this a plot to make me go crazy. :crazy:
Well, now you know for sure this is the better forum :thumb:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I've done those exact mods myself, but I went with the CCws first. I was wrong. Definately headers first.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Has anyone mentioned Headers yet? :rofl:
Go for the LG's...you won't regret this buy vs the wheels.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I am a little late on the thread here... however it is YOUR car you have to do which ever one you think will make YOU happy. But a word of warning... I started with just headers and cags defeat!!! :sneaky:

Chris

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Good choice. I have headers and wheels. Did the headers first. Seat of the pants beats bling every time. And that is coming from a bling car guy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts