Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just bought an 02 z06 and had a few questions. When I am sitting at idle and give a rev, when the RPMs come back down around 3000 to 2000 I hear slight rattle in what appears to be the exhaust,like around the CAT. Its not real noticable and you have to listen for it but I wanted to see if this is normal or if I should take it to the dealer to look at it. Its still under warranty.
Thanks,
Rott

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Go try it with the clutch pedal pushed to the floor and in gear and see if it still makes the same noise. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
And by the way

Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Love that rattle.
I believe it has something to do with the x pipe and it is normal for the ZO6.
It may also be a baffle that has come loose at one end in the muffler.
I prefer to believe that it is normal, mine has always done it and I bought mine new from a dealer. IMHO :ity:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
JDBgn said:
Love that rattle.
I believe it has something to do with the x pipe and it is normal for the ZO6.
It may also be a baffle that has come loose at one end in the muffler.
I prefer to believe that it is normal, mine has always done it and I bought mine new from a dealer. IMHO :ity:
Ah the infamous Jingle :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks All!,
First time vette owner so I'm glad to be aboard. It's been a long time coming.
It doesn't do it when the clutch is engages. Just when neutral and idleing.
From what you guys are saying its normal. I thought that was the case, but just wanted to make sure. I have a six speed Z-28 so I'm trying to adjust to the differences. The performance of these Z-06's is unbelievable.

Rott

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Yep, they all do it. Do a search on this topic and you'll find lots of posts. But more importantly, Welcome and Congrats!! :thumb: You're in the Big Leagues now. Spend some time looking around here, and you'll learn everything you ever wanted to know about your new toy. :z: Sooooooooo what's the first mod? We're good at helping new guys max out the old credit card! ;) :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
rottdog said:
Thanks All!,
First time vette owner so I'm glad to be aboard. It's been a long time coming.
It doesn't do it when the clutch is engages. Just when neutral and idleing.
From what you guys are saying its normal. I thought that was the case, but just wanted to make sure. I have a six speed Z-28 so I'm trying to adjust to the differences. The performance of these Z-06's is unbelievable.

Rott
If you didn't get the owner video with your car, it's available on the site. http://www.z06vette.com/media.php
Half way down the page in 5 parts. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
Second what Z06 Tom said.
Make this your "home" page, :D
Enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Z06 makes lots of great sounds. Valves, exahust, doors. Its part of the charm.

Enjoy your hot rod. :thumb:

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I had the same on my 02 and even though there is a tech report with a fix, I never bothered on mine.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If it's the exhaust jingle that you feel is making the sound that is normal for 02's. Just about all of the 02s make that sound. There were a lot of complaints when the 02s came out. All sorts of things were blamed but it seemed to be a poorly constructed h-pipe that only 02s had.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Now that all is well in the land of OZ put some nice pipes on that badboy.You'll never here that sound again and you can listen to your engine humming along. There is no shortage of great after market catbacks for your new car. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
It's normal :yeadog: Also welcome to the site ! Asl any qustions that you would like ! You'll always get answers :D

Rob :z:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts