Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
BrianK,

If you wash the car with some dish washing soap it will clean everything off. Dry the car, make sure the temp is above 60. Put on the Z1 and let it sit.
do not take it off.
Apply the Z2, followed by Z6.. It will take a couple coats of Z2 and Z6 before it gets slick.

The time you spend on it will be worth it, I have a Nassau Blue FRC. When i got it the shine was not all that great, after Zaino WOW Slick like a New Born's.....

Good luck....

Ernie

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Brian

Zain Bros reccommend using "DAWN", liquid detergent.......................the "Orange liquid'.
It will remove ANY wax, and or other auto finish products, prior to starting the Zaino process...............

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Brian's Z is new as is mine. I e-mailed Zaino Bros. and told them what I had (EB), and asked them what I should order on this particular car. Their recommendation was to first wash the car with liquid Dawn to remove any wax, dirt or grime and to dry the car so that no water spots were present (Cannon or Fieldcrest towells) and purchase Z-1,2,5,6and7 which I did. They did not recommend the clay bar which I suppose was because its new. I have not as yet applied any of this but its my next project.

Pat :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oh yes, I forgot the towells.. must use white 100% cotton....

I have found Sal to be a great person, I have sent him emails and before I could turn around he was back with an answer.. He also has some great tips on his web site.

Also the applicators Zaino has are great. Don't forget those.

Guys, just make sure the temp's are about 60.. This is a great product, but anything below 60 and you will have to let it sit overnight. You will like the end result... after 5 applications of Z2 and Z6 it's like a mirror.

Ernie

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello Brian.

My new Z only has 2 coats of Zaino so far. I had 5 coats on my 98 Black Coupe before I traded her in and was very happy with the results.

I also had troubles putting Zaino on the Z, and determined that it was too cold and I did not wait long enough for it to dry. So I rewashed with Dawn, and started the process again with much better results. (Heated the garage and waited a full 24 hours before removal).

I do think Z6 is very important between the coats of Z5, especially the first 2 to 3 coats.

My coupe was driven in the Seattle climate frequently and although she got dirty quick, she cleaned up nice and easy with no new water spots.

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Brian: I'd be interested in your findings between Zaino and Carnuba. I hate the flippin' water spots. Good luck with the elbow grease and muscle bro..........

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I had a couple of water marks

I have been using Zaino for 8 months on 3 of my Vettes. Our Zaino expert Carl told me to Dawn wash 1st, Claybar 2nd, Z1 3rd, Z2 4th, Zaino wash 5th and Z6 7th. Very thin coats are the key to the ultimate Zaino shine. Most people can't even tell that I applied the Z2 until after I wipe it off. 15 coats later I placed runner in a huge Florida State event 2 weeks ago, the 1st time in my 45 years of life that I placed in a show[a year ago I was paying a detailer to wax my Toys, never again].

I had 2 very minor white colored watermarks on my front hood that came out after I claybared the hood. Do not rub hard or overrub or you WILL damage the clearcoat and paint.

I urge you to email or PM HCVONE [Carl] is our forum Guru [ Moderator as well] on Zaino as well as other Vette related issues. I have sought his opinion many times and has yet to steer me wrong. Fubu69/Les :cool: btw I know you have a heated garage but the body may sill be cold. Wash your Z the day before and garage it overnite with the heat on. Z6 1st then Z2 let dry and wipe off then Z6. It will be real slick!!:cheers:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Brian

Send me an e mail offline so we can exchange phone numbers. I want to ask you a few questions because I think I went through the same issues a while back in Vancouver.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts