Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally aquired the headlight assemblies and all associated parts from a 2004 NSX and am trying to find someone or some place to contact about fitting them into my 04 Z06. The fit is close already from the factory suprisingly, but I want a professionally finished look. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the only non-pop-up headlight assembly that actually looks good from all the assemblies I have seen so far. Opinions also welcome.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not to my knowledge, I figured it would be a great idea , and also I would be the only one to my knowledge

·
Registered
155 Posts
Try it yourself. They can be trimmed, or additional material can be added, but if it's a thermoset plastic, heating will not make it moldable again. If it's close, you can make the molds for the additional trim out of wood or plaster of paris, just make sure you paint and wax it before applying composite. I'd use carbon fiber simply because it's not that hard to work with, and the bling factor is nice. If you make the carbon fiber bits seperately, just make sure you sand the joint areas thoroughly...don't be timid, it's okay if you scrape a few fibers....it's actually better to have it shot peened, but that's a PITA. You can also mold over the entire tub. Expect it to deform a little when it finishes curing, so leave yourself a little bit extra on the edges to machine away later. Get yourself a UV resistant epoxy, or mix titanium oxide into it for UV resistance. Because the parts you're making don't need to be strong at all, get the standard plain weave. If there are excessive curves, then consider a pricier 5-7 harness satin weave.

Have fun on your project!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the advise, I am going to start measuring tonite to see how close everything actually is

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Post up some pics... I have C5-R lights in mine, but only like them from 5-ft or more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts