Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just recently installed my NX wet kit and am jetting it to a 125 shot. I also dropped in the TR6 plugs so I think I am pretty much ready to go.

I wanted to find out where is the best place to get the car tuned with nitrous in GA, and what is the ideal a/f mixture for these cars with spray? This is my first nitrous car, but have dealt with boosted turbo cars before. With the TR6's I should not have much of an issue with timing correct?

Current mods:
Halltech intake
Shaner TB
MTI racing wires
NX 125 shot
TR6's
car was dynoed with no nitrous at 366rwhp/365rwtq with no tune.

For those running nitrous I would love some advice or suggestions that you might be able to give me.

Thanks in advance! :jammin:

·
Registered
390 Posts
from what i've read the closer the a/f is to stock, the better.changing plugs is a good idea also.are you using a window switch?if not i highly reccomend you get one. [to keep from spraying too early or too late]other things that are not mandantory but are nice are purge,bottle heater,opener,guages [a/f & n2o] and wide open throttle & fuel pressure safety switches.spray & enjoy the new beast your car has become!!!! :guiness:

·
Registered
27 Posts
i run mine on the slightly rich side. helps to prevent detonation. mine is at 11.8:1. there shouldn't be any timing issues with the colder plugs. i run champion RC9YC in mine. two steps colder than stock and gapped to .040" i run 175 on the wife's car and 200 on mine. both on stock PCM programming to boot.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Rob at Lamar Walden Automotive has a lot of C5 tuning experience, PLUS he is a nitrous freak. Tell him Les said hello.

Les

02BlackZ06 said:
Can anyone recommend a good shop to go to?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts