Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I have a c6 zo6 brand new
And I am willing to install Notiros plate kit which install without any hole on intake on the intake like the direct port ,,,,to avoid warranty cancelation
My concern is , should I tune the car after installed the Nitous kit ?
And what is less effect on the enging ( less damage ) for the shot
Is it on 50 or 75 or 100
And when will I do the shot on the street race ? I mean the perfect way to press on the spray on the race to get less damage effect on engine

Regards

Faisal

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Faisal, I'm not sure you're going to get a lot of response to your questions here.

To be honest, I've only seen a very few guys on the site that go with the nitrous on their Z's and I haven't seen much of them lately.
More of the guys looking to increase power have either bored/stroked and cammed their Z for non-forced induction power or gone with blowers or turbos for FI power.

Not saying no one will answer but it might not be as much of a response as you'd like.

I will tell you that tuning with the nitrous installed is every bit as important as tuning with other forms of FI if you want to keep your engine safe.

Mike

btw, ANY type of big power increaser (nitrous, bored/stroked/cammed, blower, turbo, etc) is going to invalidate your warranty!

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,813 Posts
Hey guys
I have a c6 zo6 brand new
And I am willing to install Notiros plate kit which install without any hole on intake on the intake like the direct port ,,,,to avoid warranty cancelation
My concern is , should I tune the car after installed the Nitous kit ?
And what is less effect on the enging ( less damage ) for the shot
Is it on 50 or 75 or 100
And when will I do the shot on the street race ? I mean the perfect way to press on the spray on the race to get less damage effect on engine

Regards

Faisal
A tune is required as different engine timing and fuel demands when N20 is ON
If tune is not done then with the higher stock timing will cause a lot of engine knock and internal damage long term
Also would cause the engine's fueling AFR to be wrong and have ill effects to engine

50 or 75 HP shot you really will not see much gain so you want to start with the 100 shot nozzle.

You want a trigger that only commands the N20 when engine is maybe over 3,000 RPMs or gas pedal is more then 40% down as example

Some used a vacuum, TPS or MAF output as the trigger that allows adjusting at what point N20 is commanded.

Some people simply use a push/hold switch on steering wheel and only push it when heavy on the engine RPMs

You do not want N20 to come on too early and never when backing up on gas pedal (decel)
Best is no N20 going on / off when doing burnouts in water box at drag strip as that will trick the N20 trigger and could cause it to go on/off several times and can cause the intake manifold to blow up :-(

Remember the instant amount of torque increase from the N20 will put a lot of load on drivetrain and tires so you may need better tires for traction and learn how to use N20 between shifts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts