Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2002 Z06 with only 1,300 miles, millenium yellow, bone stock. One owner, perfect shape, never seen rain and its only few miles from where I live... He's asking $39,500.

What do you think? Is the price good? I need to decide on wether I want it or not by Tuesday.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Zmydust said:
I found a 2002 Z06 with only 1,300 miles, millenium yellow, bone stock. One owner, perfect shape, never seen rain and its only few miles from where I live... He's asking $39,500.

What do you think? Is the price good? I need to decide on wether I want it or not by Tuesday.

Thanks
Sounds like a reasonable deal for a very low mileage Z06. Check the NADA.com or KBB.com websites for solid estimates as to price.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You can find 04's for about that price maybe a couple of thousand more. $32K is a top price for an 02. You can find much better deals than that. I would keep looking.

Zmydust said:

Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
yes, I agree, keep looking. I paid $42,500 for my '04 brand new.......

Even with low miles, it's still got very little(if any) of the 36/36 warranty left.

You can find an '03 or '04 garage queen that someone out there is afraid to drive as they might get air on it(yes, they are out there), that are tired of the expense of housing a $50k piece of art.....

check out vettefinders.com. they are a forum vendor, and folks have spoken highly of them. They can find the Z06 you want at a good price....I was real close to going with them on an '03 used as I wanted(and still want) electron blue....

whatever you get, spend the couple of bucks and run a CarFax on it, no matter what they tell you......

It's unlikely, but that 1500 mile car might be driven by someone who has no clue of the rocket launcher they have, and could have already crunched and repaired it.....

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
All above true.
My sense is that Z's go for more on the west coast, so I might say $35k there.
Meanwhile, Carfax it.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Good points Denny.
I definitely would go with a Carfax report and.....is this a dealership?
Are they offering any kind of warranty? If a private seller, why is he selling it?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TexasBlue72 said:
Good points Denny.
I definitely would go with a Carfax report and.....is this a dealership?
Are they offering any kind of warranty? If a private seller, why is he selling it?
It's a private seller and the warranty expires in May this year. I can get the extended warranty through GM before this one expires if I were to buy it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Zmydust said:
It's a private seller and the warranty expires in May this year. I can get the extended warranty through GM before this one expires if I were to buy it.
someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the extended warranty is NOT bumper-bumper. I thought it only covered certain components, you know the ones that never break :pp: A later model year would give you much more peace of mind and coverage.

I just want to ensure we take care of our "almost" new brother here...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I personally checked out the car tonight. It is basically brand new car. Looks better then brand new, all panels line up, one tiny chip (not even visible from more then two feet away), tires almost new, everything looks brand new. Its in a heated garage. 1300 miles with the production date of 4/25/02. Had one oil change done with Mobil 1 synthetic at around 900 miles. One owner with all the original paperwork available. Car seen water only once when he washed it. He claims he drywashed it all the other times. The guy has towels on his seats when he gets in and out. Its bone stock with every option except BSM. Carfax came in clean and matches the history told by owner. However, price is set at $39,500 and this is as low as he's willing to go.

This is exactly what I've been looking for down to the color, no BSM (I don't like those), its only 20 miles from my house and it will not get any newer then this. However, two things:
1 - price little higher then expected
2 - out of warranty in one month

I kind of got my mind set on this one but I'm worried if I purchase it, I'll end up being upside down in it for a while...

Anyone wants to smack me and bring me back to reality or is that an okay deal and should go for it??????

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I say if you have your heart set on it...go for it. Once you are driving her, you will forget about the price. :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Agree with Mike.
My gut tells me you want this car ... just looking for validation.
You're the one to pull the trigger .... or not.
Whatever you decide, don't look back. Decision done is decision done.
You think with your brain, and live with your heart.
Let us know ... :z:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I kind of got my mind set on this one but I'm worried if I purchase it, I'll end up being upside down in it for a while...
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe your question is about the Z06, the type of car it is, should you buy one, or your desire to own one. I believe almost everyone here would encourage the purchase of a Z06. :thumb:

You asked if it is a good deal and are worried that you will be upside down for a while. You'll probably always be upside down if you pay 39,500 for an 02. As others here have said you can get a 04 for the same money. Not all 04's, because many are not willing to sell for that today, but there are low miles 04's available for that kind of cash. Would it be as convient as 20 miles down the road...probably not.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
MSiska said:
I say if you have your heart set on it...go for it. Once you are driving her, you will forget about the price. :yeadog:
============
I definitely agree with Mike here. There are 'concrete' aspects of the purchase of just about anything. We have to deal with those. But for gearheads there is usually the "heart-factor" which must be dealt with as well.

You know, a couple of weeks from now when you are cruising around, listening to a sweet exhaust tone & enjoying the wind in your hair (if indeed, you do have hair!!) and see the admiring stares & thumbs-up from others, you will not care in the least or lose any sleep about how much your dream-come-true has set you back moneywise.

If this car IS your dream, I say go for it....enjoy it thoroughly, and don't ever look back.

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
152 Posts
A car close to home is worth $1000 more. Buy it. You'll end up settling for something else and kick yourself about what you could have had for just a few bucks more. Been there, done that.(There is ALWAYS a better deal out there. You could search for it, or you could drive around in a nice car)

Rich

·
Registered
21 Posts
Price sounds a tad high - but for the mileage and as clean as the car sounds, it's not terrible. I paid 36,900 on Saturday for an '03, also Millenium Yellow, with 2,000 miles on it. The car is flawless in every way.

Took me quite a while to find what I was looking for. I say if you find what you want, what's an extra grand or two in the longrun?

It's clean, you know it's history, and now is definitely the time to buy.

Good Luck :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like you found your baby. Do it. Buying a used car is scary enough -- you found a good one with the color and condition you want, so go for it. An extra grand or two is nothing for the peace of mind of getting a clean car.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
All Good advice here...especially the the too much money part,also if you can get your hands on another 3/4k you can have a new/nearly new 04 and the extra factory warranty is always good!! The down side is that the color will not be MY and I know how fixated you can get on a color or car. I saw a Z-16 and was ruined for everything else till I got one. Enjoy your new ride whatever Zee it turns out to Bee :p

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you can find a left over 04 you'll probably get it for the cost of the 02 plus the extended warranty.

You'll probably have to fly or drive to pick it up, or have it shipped. (500-1000) (limited color choice)

It comes down to new w/warranty vs used with need to purchase warranty (preferred color)

If it's a keeper you'll probably want the used local. If you may sell down the road you may want to get the late model new!

If you can get new with $1000 off, discounted and 0% or low financing that may be a great deal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey is she in your driveway yet,,If not go get her.I purchased a 2001 speedway white a couple of months ago for more than most would pay.When i first saw the car i knew it was made to order for me.I brought the price down as best i could,then i pulled the trigger.Everytime i go out to my garage i just smile.As nice as everyone else's cars are,to me none measure up to my DD!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts