Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the I/O Port Video Camera Mount to mount to my 6-point Roll Bar. I'm looking for a reasonably priced digital video camera that provides very good resolution while handling the shock of road racing - providing a clear stable picture. What are you guys using or would recommend? :cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I have an I/O port camera mount...it's a great piece. I have use a couple of different cameras with it and it's always produced great video. I currently have a Sony mini DV camera that I'm using and it works great. I would avoid any camera that uses a disk...they can skip where as the DV tape won't. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I have the Panasonic PV GS400 and it is kick ass.....Expensive to purchase but worth it....$1700....

I can send video, but it will be huge.....Small clips to show awesome quality. Better than MOST Mini DV because of CCDs....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My budget for the Mini DV Digital Video Camcorder is $400 or less. I'm looking at the JVC GR-DF550US, Canon Elura 70, Panasonic PV-GS65 and a few other models as an example. Is anyone having success with a camcorder in this price range?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent feedback - I was initially leaning toward a camera that uses a disc, but realized that didn't make sense based on your feedback. Thanks.

case2307 said:
I have an I/O port camera mount...it's a great piece. I have use a couple of different cameras with it and it's always produced great video. I currently have a Sony mini DV camera that I'm using and it works great. I would avoid any camera that uses a disk...they can skip where as the DV tape won't. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I use a Sony Mini-DV DCR-TRV38 which I am happy with. I bought this a few years ago, so it might not even be a current model.

The features I was looking for were, mini-dv, wide-screen mode capable, image stabilization, and an included 1 megapixel digital camera. Now that I have a real digital camera, the last one isn't so important to me.

I bring two batteries with me to the track which can get me through two practice and two race sessions easily. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Image stabilization is critical you can really see the difference between various camera types. When I was looking last year, I bought a Sony as they appeared to be far superior to the others in the lower price range (I think I spent around 450.00 for it.). Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts