Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to test drive the car without all the annoying hype and hassle of unknowledgable salespersons here in SoCal. I would probably buy out of state due to the tendency of CA dealers to gauge sales prices on Vettes.
Would anyone that's in Socal allow me the privilege of checking out their car for a spin?
I am seriously considering a 2001-2002 Z06 and currently have a 2000 A4 coupe and live in the L.A. area but of course, would take the drive in Socal to another member.
I hope this doesn't sound like a mooch, but its the first step in convincing myself as to the experience of a stick shift/Z06.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
362 Posts

On 2001-08-18 03:01, LAvette spewed forth this drivel:
I would like to test drive the car without all the annoying hype and hassle of unknowledgable salespersons here in SoCal. I would probably buy out of state due to the tendency of CA dealers to gauge sales prices on Vettes.
Would anyone that's in Socal allow me the privilege of checking out their car for a spin?
I am seriously considering a 2001-2002 Z06 and currently have a 2000 A4 coupe and live in the L.A. area but of course, would take the drive in Socal to another member.
I hope this doesn't sound like a mooch, but its the first step in convincing myself as to the experience of a stick shift/Z06.
Many thanks.

If all elese fails--Call Hibbard Chevy in Claremont.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey while we are on the sunject, can anyone loan me a Z for about 3-4 years, I need to practice my manual shifting

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Vetteless -- no problem, just bring $50K in small bills /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
316 Posts

On 2001-08-18 03:01, LAvette spewed forth this drivel:
Many thanks.

Hahahahaa.. me too.. and I dont need to
drive your car.. just take me for a short
spin... 10 mins..
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I'm currently driving a E36 M3... looking for
a "UPGRADE" soon...

·
Registered
340 Posts
The bills I got are like 2X6 inches, are those small enough, only problem with those are, when you add all the #'s on each of them they fall short of 50K's, but I thought of a solution, I went to Toy's r Us and bought monopoly, those bills are even smaller something like 2X4 and when you add them up they clear 50k's easily....Maybe I can even go buy the newspaper and with the razors cut out all the K's, I am sure there are a ton

·
Registered
340 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif forgot to add those to the previous post

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
LAVETTE, I would not mind letting a fellow forum member test drive my '02 EB Z06. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif In fact I have. However, a bit of a track record on the forum gave me the comfort level to do so. I'm sure 1 of our west coast members can hook you up for a ride as a passenger. Welcome to the forum and best of luck to you. If your ever in the South Florida look me up and I will hook you up. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif FUBU69/LES

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the vote of confidence FUBU69. I appreciate the comraderie. I have been a long member of the Corvette Forum and hope I can hook up with a local Z06 member as I'm sure I can get more out of the meeting than with just a salesperson.
I'm looking forward to the experience and your invitation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts