Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to compile a list of sounds of various exhaust combinations, the more the merrier.

I'll start with my stock 01, then with the Corsa Indy's on it (will be installed by Tony's Corvette Shop on the 21st).

I'd like to get an 01 with PRT's, and any combo of the above with headers/X-pipe.

We also need combos for 02 and a stock 02.

If you have a car that matches the above, please contact me.

Thanks!

JC

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Mid America sells a CD with different exhaust sounds on it that might help speed things up for you.
Of course, I don't think they are Z06's, but still might be good for any other members out there who are thinking of changing, especially if there are very few Vettes in your area.
chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
JC,

I can do a video/sound of my PRTs, but I left my editing equipment at work. I could go pick it up tomorrow and cut a video to send to you. I think it would be cool to do an inside sound too...like at WOT!! :D I'll play around with it tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Mid-America cannot be used since it would violate their copyrights on digital property......

That would be good Frank.

What's lacking from all the sound clips is that they are all non-standard.

People use different equipment, different distances and differrent compression methods. We need a set of them so that we can have a *semi* accurate representation......

JC

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Stock exhaust '02 here....

·
Registered
43 Posts
JC -

Let me know if you want to use my car for the PRT's + headers sound.

-Speed

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow Scott, just got your email, long time no see, where you been buddy?!

Sure, that car sounded sweet, would be a great example....

I'm testing the equipment this week.....

JC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Exhaust sounds

JC,
If you need a backup 01 Z exhaust for the recording session let me know and I'll be there, just need the directions.

Gary Ballantyne
01 MY Z06
(AKA ZMEGO)

·
Registered
43 Posts
JC -

Been traveling all over the country for work.

Let me know when you want to get together.

-Speed
(Scott)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I'm working out the format now.......

Next weekend is drags at 75/80 so that's no good.......and I'd like to do them all in one day to keep it somewhat consistient.

I'm open to suggestions.....

JC

·
Registered
396 Posts
how about come to the dyno session Bleubyu is setting up for the 22nd. I bet you could get plenty of data thier. about three each car. Just a thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts