Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a damaged C5 at the dealer yesterday with the left front fender off. Interesting to see the full nerf bar and how it is attached to the frame. This helps explain how "frame savers" are supported when they contact the ground.

The arrow points to a large chunk of foam (fasia support) which, when bent back, reveals the build sheet stuffed inside the frame cross member.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Jacob: Thanks for the picture. :) I just rec'd my frame savers and can't wait to get them installed. My driveway has a steep entrance at the street/flowpan. I scrape everytime I pull in or out! :( :mad:

I'm confident these wheels will solve my dilemma. :cool:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
JTBear said:
Jacob: Thanks for the picture. :) I just rec'd my frame savers and can't wait to get them installed. My driveway has a steep entrance at the street/flowpan. I scrape everytime I pull in or out! :( :mad:

I'm confident these wheels will solve my dilemma. :cool:
You should get the rocker rails while you're at it.... if you don't have 'em already.

They save your underbody like you wouldn't believe.... a must if you're car is lowered like mine. :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Guys, you can also trim a little bit off your front air dam too. I have heard of lots of guys doing it with no ill effects in cooling or handling. I cut mine 3/4 inch. Now I won't have to put up with that plastic scraping sound either. I also have a couple of frame savers left, for anybody interested. They work great and are cheap like borscht.:D You can see them here. Frame savers :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts