Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am finalizing a deal on a brand new MY 01 Z06. I am saving about $14,000 canadian over the price of a new one. TEll me I am making the right choice by getting last year's model. Is the 02 $14,000 better? Both cars are brand new - zero miles. I currently have a 98 A4. I'm figuring with a good airbox I may come close to the 02 power at least. Opinions?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
495 Posts
I went with the 01 for pretty much the same reasons(you can do a lot of mods for that kind of money) and then your 01 will severely SPANK any 02 on the streets. To me it would be a no brainer, for that kind of price difference it would definately have to be the 01(unless you have unlimited resources).

JMYHO NIck :guiness:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I would purchase the 01 as well. Take the money you saved, invest in performance upgrades and you will more than likely be outrunning not just 02 Z06s, but a whole lot of other cars at that :)

G

·
These are both brand new cars! No question ..take the 2001 model for 14 grand less (canadian)

The 2001 zo6 was world renowned as the best sports car in the market!

Congrats

JB

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I went with an 01 for the same reason and don't regret it in the least......AWESOME CAR!!!!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
CRUZ,

You'll be happy either way. I looked at the suggestions of the others, and wanted to put this thought out. If you have the C$14,000 in the bank and can do some minor mods to get to the 02 level, great! If you are getting the car that you will be happy with, great! If this is gonna make you still have a desire for more and you won't be happy, then maybe you should reconsider. The choice is yours, and I really don't think you can go wrong either way! JMHO :)

Joe :D :D :D :D

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
CRUZMISL,
It's hard to believe there's a new '01 still out there... it's gotta be
the last one!
I bought my '01 new in October... got a great deal and I'm happy with my decision :D

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Z06phile said:
CRUZMISL,
It's hard to believe there's a new '01 still out there... it's gotta be
the last one!
I bought my '01 new in October... got a great deal and I'm happy with my decision :D
Wow! :eek: A new 01? I bought mine in November and it was made on June 20th-last day!! Happy with my decision also :yeadog: :z:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
14 grand difference, that is some serious fun money for mods. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Also traded in a black A4 98 Coupe for my 01 black Z06. Same reasons, about 10K american.

Very, very happy with the car. Worlds of difference over my 98 coupe.

Get the 01 and save some major cash for mods :D :D

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
2001 ffor sure

I'd go with the 01. $14000.00 is a whole lot of money . Lets see!20HP for $14000.00 = $700.00 per HP :eek: Go with the 01 ;)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
CRUZMISL,
Just curious........... What is the sticker price on a Z06 in Canada?

carzzy

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you sitting down? A new 2002 lists for about $74K a 48 month lease with no money down is about $1650/month.

My 01 listed at $69,900 and I am getting it for $62,000.

To make the anus reaming even more pleasurable the government charges 15% tax on it all so my $62000 car will cost me $71,300.

In the US you get incentives and/or low lease rates. Well, here there are absolutely no incentives, you pay list unless you get lucky like me and the interest rate on the leases are 10.9% and are not negotiable.

Boy after writing all this out my bung is sore.....................:lol: I'm getting screwed.

Joe

·
Registered
331 Posts
can you buy the car in america?? is there a law against non citizens buying at our prices? just wondering. or are you a american citizen? dude you are getting gouged for sure!! you must really really want a ZO6 bad!!! i do understand that though,because i want one bad but not paying over 50k out the door!! good luck and go with the 01, the extra loot for the 02 isnt worth it bro!!!!:)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fortunately for me I am a US and Canadian citizen. I can certainly go to the US to buy the car and here is how it works out.

$45000 for the Z06
multiply that by th exchange rate of $1.58
gives a total of $71100

Now once I take it home I'll still have to pay the 15% tax so I am really only a few K ahead of the game. Still way too much dough and probably not worth the effort. If the exchange was better I might consider it.

Joe

·
Registered
331 Posts
well you might want to consider used then. not that i havent but again thats a ton of loot!! i am sure you have and there is proably some constraint on that to........lol again good luck!:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts