Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving to the grocery store today, I noticed a car transporter parked along the road. Of course, I pulled over to get a closer look, and discovered a white Z06, and a yellow Zee. I've heard over and over, that GM was not offering a white C6 Z06, but here's pics of one.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Here's another pic showing the Z06 side scoop....take a close look and you'll notice the roof and side view mirrors are yellow. I don't know why it's painted that way..but it's quite interesting.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Maybe they ran out of White paint on that one. :p

Nice find Zippy.

I wonder where they were going?

Pat

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Close up...looks to me that this is an export version.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
:rofl: Verrrrry interestingh...as the German Soldoer on Laugh In used to say :cheers: White is LQQn All Wite

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UstaB-GS549 said:
looks like blisters on the door.
Ustab: There not blisters...Bowling Green applies plastic film on the doors (and other areas) to protect the paint from scratches. Dealer then removes it during pre-delivery prep.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I told you these were never before seen pics....I shot this one while I was standing directly below the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Looking at the white one..the bump on the side looks more like a maker lite that the Z06 Badge///so the white had no Z06 Badge and a yellow top...WTH ??!! What ta heck :rofl:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow, cool find man!!

The yellow one is definitely an export version, probably the one we'll soon see spyshots of tearing up the Nurburgring GT2 record..... ;)

At first I thought maybe the white one was an export version too, just with the side turn signal repeater lights not installed..... since we know that GM likes to send white c6's to the 'ring........ But the white one is *NOT* an export version. Look at the rear side marker lights (just behind/above the rear wheels). Euro laws state that those lights have to be orange... on the yellow car, notice that those ARE orange.... whereas on every other us-bound c6 and c6 z06 we've seen, including this new white z06..... they're red.

So...... why did GM build a white z06 if not for nurburgring testing? Hmm.............. maybe it's a surprise...... or maybe it's just another test car they're gonna use for testing at the Lutzigring, aka Milford road course........

Andi

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have more pics to post...will do so tomorrow.

If anyone wants specific pics of these cars. please reply, because I plan to go back to take more pics tomorrow morning..IF the truck is still there.

Let me know what you want to see, and if possible I'll get the shot tomorrow.

Zipster :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts