·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I took more pics this morning...yes, the truck was still there! :D

·
Registered
891 Posts
Are those brake air inlets on the underside of the nose. I have seen that on another car before. It's supposed to be a high pressure area.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here's one I bet no one else has seen. Notice the dry sump pan with the in/out oil lines that go to the under hood reservoir tank. This pan also has two oil drain plugs.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Note the small cat pups on the Z06, plus you can see the two drain plugs easier in this shot.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UstaB-GS549 said:
Are those brake air inlets on the underside of the nose. I have seen that on another car before. It's supposed to be a high pressure area.
Yes, in the first pic you can see the brake cooling inlet duct on the top left corner of the pic.....I will post a better view of this later.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another shot of the underside.

Willpost more un-seen pics later....going to Baker's of Milford Cruise in today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Zippy,
Thanks - found it! I was there about 9:00 a.m. Awesome to see all the details of the car from underneath.

Makes me want to plunk down the reserve for my 2007 MS "Z" with Rick @ Les Stanford tomorrow.

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.
Joe

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I can see those oil lines being changed to Aeroquip lines real fast on tracked cars.

It appears that the drain on the side (drivers side) is the drain for the dry sump pan.

The drain in the right front of the pan appears to enter the area of the internal reservoir return line housing contained and molded into the interior of the pan. This appears to be the drain for the Reservoir tank and return line.

This might make it simpler to drain both the pan and reservoir tank during an oil change rather than draining the pan and then having to move the catch pan lateral and to the right side to drain the reservoir tank.

We shall see.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I can see some 40 years from now, someone just completed a ground up restoration on a 06Z. At Bloomington Gold the judge will pull out a dusty old CD with these pics in it saying, "and here's how it came from the factory!" :cheers:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Thanks again Zippy :z:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Zippy said:
The new GM badge.

I think I'd have to pry this off just for the weight savings! :D It looks like a 70's-80's power window or lock switch!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Great pics Tony! :thumb:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Here's the best shot of the two pan drain plugs. Just in front of the oil filter is one, and the 2nd is at the front of the pan.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts