Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update, I went to Alabama last Sunday and got a few more 1/4 times.

Motor pass:
12.028 118 hit the RPM limiter "oooppss"

Nos pass: 50 shot
11.7 at 124.60mph

Nos pass: 50 shot
11.6 at 124.70mph

Not to bad cant wait to use the 100 shot.

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Using the Z1000 Halltec Filter and TRIC?

Halltech said:
What setup?

Jim
Jim I was using the filter that comes with the TRIC kit. I have not run the new filter Z-1000 you sent me a week ago at the track yet.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I was there to see it and get smoked on his N2O pass. Very sweet running car! I hope to get headers, a T-1 (probably) and maybe a cutout and give you more competition next time (also a lot more practice needed, I am used to 5K clutch dumps on ET Drags - not this street tire stuff :)

I posted a ? in the technical (pit) forum about how my traction control comes back on when I launch and on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, apparently the 02 does this when the computer detects wheel hop (which I have pretty bad). I am seeking solutions to wheel hop on these cars so all input most welcome.

Les

·
Registered
814 Posts
great times!

Optic have you fixed your rich condition on the car? I'm pretty sure you have headers don't you and the t-1? I'll bet you will run in the 120's with that setup if your car get's 30lb's and a MAFT. What NOS set up are you using-124mph on a 50shot-that's a 10 second run on drag tires-that's smokin!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: great times!

vortech said:
Optic have you fixed your rich condition on the car? I'm pretty sure you have headers don't you and the t-1? I'll bet you will run in the 120's with that setup if your car get's 30lb's and a MAFT. What NOS set up are you using-124mph on a 50shot-that's a 10 second run on drag tires-that's smokin!
I am using a NX kit, I have not got the Rich condition fixed yet. The car is still very Rich we have a new computer program in the works for it to correct it ...I hope. The car made 410 to the rear wheels with the 50 shot. I will be using the 100 shot next week that set up made 458 on the rear on this shot, so 130mph seems not a far cry.

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow, nice times. On that 12.028 what was your 60 ft? What tires are you using and at what pressure?

Do you have pics of your wet nitrous setup? I'd love to see how folks are installing them. I figured I would put a shark nozzle where the EGR is supposed to be. I don't want to hack into the nice CF cobra :/

Who is doing the new program for you? What is your rich condition? I'm running PHAT with just a TRIC and 160 thermo. Phat as in 10:1 air fuel ratio on the dyno with a wideband O2.

I think it has to do with running lean around town (TRIC with '02 MAF) and then going WOT it tries to richen up enough. I'm going to try an '01 MAF with the screen and see if that makes a difference. If not I will just have to wait untill the MAFT comes out with the correct plugs for our cars. No hacking into the factory wiring harness here.

I'm going to dyno the car later today (Wednesday) with some 100 octance mixed in with this Cali crap 91 stuff. 4 gallons of 91 mixed with 2 gallons of 100 is 94 octane. That chart I posted awhile back really helps.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZO SIC said:
Wow, nice times. On that 12.028 what was your 60 ft? What tires are you using and at what pressure?

Do you have pics of your wet nitrous setup? I'd love to see how folks are installing them. I figured I would put a shark nozzle where the EGR is supposed to be. I don't want to hack into the nice CF cobra :/

Who is doing the new program for you? What is your rich condition? I'm running PHAT with just a TRIC and 160 thermo. Phat as in 10:1 air fuel ratio on the dyno with a wideband O2.

I think it has to do with running lean around town (TRIC with '02 MAF) and then going WOT it tries to richen up enough. I'm going to try an '01 MAF with the screen and see if that makes a difference. If not I will just have to wait untill the MAFT comes out with the correct plugs for our cars. No hacking into the factory wiring harness here.
QUOTE]

On the 12.0 run the 60 foot was a 1.87, this is on factory tires. The run should have been in the 11's but I smacked the RPM limiter lowing my ET and my MPH, but it was close enough for me. I have no clue who is screwing around with my computer, MTI in Atlanta hooked me up on that, they are testing new things to try to fix the rich problem. I would not cut my harness either I just replace the whole computer over and over. I'll send you a pic of the set up when I take some photos.

:cheers:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on those nice numbers.

BTW, you're running about the same times I do when spraying my 100 shot. You're gonna really be moving when you up jet your kit.

Great stuff!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts