Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are going to have to trust me on this one as I cant divulge my source. The 6 spd. Auto with a paddle style shifter is coming for 06 in the Coupe and Convertible. Also on the 06 Z06, it appears that even with 505 HP we have evaded the Gas Guzzler tax. More to come.:)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks for the good info but I dont want a crappy paddle shifting auto box, i want a paddle shifting sequential manual!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ianz06 said:
Thanks for the good info but I dont want a crappy paddle shifting auto box, i want a paddle shifting sequential manual!
Yep.. if it's still a torque converter auto - no thanks. Gimme SMG or DSG. :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
very very cool.

shame I hate paddle shifters though.

i'm very interested to hear more details of it though. what kind, how fast, ect.

awesome news rick

thanks

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Electron Mike said:
Yep.. if it's still a torque converter auto - no thanks. Gimme SMG or DSG. :yeadog:

Give me stick til the end of the decade :yeadog:

even Porsche thinks that there's no Paddle shift good enough yet for their half a mill supercar, they still use stick on the Carrera GT because of it :roll:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Well, at least it is finally confirmed that once again Chevy socks it to first year model buyers. At least the '06 auto purchasers can have 6 instead of 4 gears. Why, oh why do some folks never learn that first year GM buyers take it in the shorts more often than not? I am sure the General still has a lot of '04 SSRs and GTOs to sell... :puke:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Give me stick til the end of the decade :yeadog:

even Porsche thinks that there's no Paddle shift good enough yet for their half a mill supercar, they still use stick on the Carrera GT because of it :roll:
Fwiw ..the porsche Carrera GT has a stick shift because development timeframe was tight so they went with a standard shift rather than the upcoming PDK sequential unit that will become available throughout its lineup once they have it ready.

Carrera GT has not sold as well as expected and might be a shorter run than originally planned because of soft sales...

----

The six speed torque convertor is not as performance oriented as the new dual clutch PDK porsche unit but its still a step up from todays A4 C6..

I hear the tests of the A6 in the 2006 C6 has shown to be .09tenths faster in acceleration than a six speed manual driven by a professional driver..

------------------------

What I'd like to know if you could....is what is the final gear ratio chosen for the C6 A6 transmission?

Rumors of 2.56 and 2.73 rear gears...which would give better gas mileage vs. better performance....

I was actually hoping for 3.42 rear gears...

Rick if you could confirm or deny the rear gear ratios mentioned above that would be appreciated.

of course with 6 speeds theres a good possibility the performance will still be impressive .

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
JBsZ06 said:
Fwiw ..the porsche Carrera GT has a stick shift because development timeframe was tight so they went with a standard shift rather than the upcoming PDK sequential unit that will become available throughout its lineup once they have it ready.

I wont disagree with you, I'll actually thank you for the information, because where I got that from was one of my subcribed magazines ex. car and driver, road&track ect. I dont remember which one, But one things is sure is thats what they wrote on the article for the carrera GT, actually remembering now It was a comparison test recently done between the 200mph supercars, but thanx for the info, but I stick with stick :jammin: , If I had a 1000hp car then a stick would be useless and a sequential would do me

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I don't believe for one minute that the new 2006 Z06 will have a Automatic Tranny with a Paddle shift. :bang:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's not the Z06, it's the hatchback and convertible that are getting the paddle shifting auto for 2006 model year. No new news on the the Z06.

Don

IT L GO said:
I don't believe for one minute that the new 2006 Z06 will have a Automatic Tranny with a Paddle shift. :bang:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
2001Z06 said:
It's not the Z06, it's the hatchback and convertible that are getting the paddle shifting auto for 2006 model year. No new news on the the Z06.

Don
I need to read better :ity: :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts